Software Engineer - Order Generation
Technical Teams – Core Engineering /
Wealthsimple is a financial services company on a mission to help everyone achieve financial freedom by providing products and advice that are accessible and affordable. Using smart technology, Wealthsimple takes financial services that are often confusing, opaque and expensive and makes them simple, transparent, and low-cost.
With over 1 million people using Wealthsimple products, we are the market leader in Canada, and we’re fast growing in the US and UK. Our team is working together to build one of the most innovative fintech companies in the world and we're looking for talented people who want to help us move fast, ship often and make a huge impact. Join us on our mission to make financial services simple and affordable for everyone!
Read our Culture Manual to learn more about us and how we work.
Engineering @ Wealthsimple
Wealthsimple has several engineering teams ranging from product focused to back office and our teams build and manage the software that powers our services. We do this using a microservice architecture and an agile approach, focused on short iterations and rigorous automated testing, deploying our code over 100 times a day. We maximize our productivity by building high-performing teams and giving them autonomy to deliver results, working very closely with product management, design and operations to make sure that our work delivers maximum benefit for our clients.
In this role, you are someone who:
- Believes that simple is better
- Loves to tackle and solve complex problems on a regular basis
- Takes ownership and pride in working on projects to successful completion
- Is able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort
- Believes that debate, inclusivity and transparency result in better products
- Has high standards and holds yourself and others accountable
- Is eager to teach and learn from your team. We value making each other successful!
- Loves to dive deep into the data, tools and languages you use
Skills we're looking for:
- 3+ years of experience with at least one of the following languages: Ruby on Rails, Python, or Java/Kotlin (a willingness to learn more is a bonus!)
- Experience with databases (SQL or NoSQL)
- Experience designing robust APIs
- Knowledge of agile development process
- A proven track record of delivering well-designed and tested software
- The drive to ship frequently and comfortable with agile development
- Effective communication skills and driven to work collaboratively across teams
- Some experience with microservices and distributed systems
At Wealthsimple, we embrace difference. We believe that getting to the best outcomes requires diverse perspectives and backgrounds. We create space where all voices can be heard so that we can all do our life's best work. We’re committed to openness, curiosity and creating an inclusive culture as we know that diverse teams build better products and generate better ideas. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Wealthsimple provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.