Senior Product Manager, Funding
Remote (Canada/US) /
R&D Teams – Product /
Permanent Full Time
Wealthsimple is looking for an experienced, customer-focused Product Manager to join our Funding Team and help make moving money fast, frictionless, and easy across the ecosystem of Wealthsimple products.
Wealthsimple is on a mission to help everyone achieve financial freedom, no matter who they are or how much they have. Using smart technology, Wealthsimple takes financial services that are often confusing, opaque and expensive and makes them simple, transparent, and low-cost. We're the company behind some of Canada's leading digital financial products, and are growing faster than ever.
Our team is reimagining what it means to manage your money. Smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and great ideas — not ego. We're looking for talented people who love a fast-paced environment, and want to ship often and make an impact with groundbreaking ideas.
We’re a remote-first team and output is more important than face time, so where you choose to work is up to you — as long as you have internet access, you can work from anywhere in Canada. Be a part of our Canadian success story and help shape the financial future of millions — join us! Read our Culture Manual and learn more about how we work.
At Wealthsimple, we are building products for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Wealthsimple provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
About Wealthsimple's Funding Team
Every day, Wealthsimple clients deposit millions of dollars into our products, enabling them to save and invest in their financial goals. Likewise, our clients withdraw and spend money from our products, enabling them to realize those same goals. The Funding team makes this all possible, by creating fast, frictionless, and delightful experiences to move money into, out-of, and between our products: Invest, Trade, Crypto, Cash and Tax.
Funding is a ‘full stack’ team; they own all money-movement UX (across our full suite of products), as well as the corresponding back-end systems and integrations with key payment partners (e.g., banks, VISA/MC, and more). The team is also highly data-driven, continuously analyzing the data generated from money transactions in order to identify opportunities to improve speed, resilience and customer delight.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to;
- Help define the product vision and strategy, and define and own the roadmap for money-movement experiences across our product ecosystem.
- Support a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, and data scientists.
- Lead the planning, development, and launch of money experiences; for example:
- a) Enable clients to move cash and assets in real-time between Wealthsimple products (e.g. transferring your entire investment portfolio from Invest to Trade, or moving funds from Cash to Crypto)
- b) Re-imagine how new clients can seamlessly move their entire investment portfolios to Wealthsimple during onboarding
- c) Optimize the user-experience & speed of our money-movement flows. Traditional banks can take days to move your money; we think it should be instant
- d) Partner with technology vendors (e.g., Plaid, Flinks) and payment rail providers (e.g., Visa, MC) to enhance existing money flows or offer new ones entirely (e.g. Visa Debit, bill pay)
- e) Build tooling and automation to increase the efficiency of Customer Support and Operations teams that support money movement
- Build a deep understanding of our money movement experiences, systems, processes, and partners — and how they all fit together. Be opinionated about how we take these further to make them best-in-class.
- Establish and own a variety of metrics related to money movement (e.g., payment funnel drop-off, deposit speeds, fraud/loss rates, etc.).
- Partner with other engineering teams and departments across the company (e.g. Operations, Legal and Compliance, and more) to build compliant, efficient, and industry-leading money-movement experiences.
- Evaluate third-party vendors and develop business cases for how we can continue to flawlessly execute money-movement in real-time — trading off between efficacy, user experience, and cost.
- Work closely with product design to create simple, smart, and inspiring user-experiences that reflect the needs of our customers - functional, educational, emotional and otherwise.
- Help elevate the Product Management practice at Wealthsimple and create an inclusive and supportive team culture.
We're looking for someone who has...
- A multi-year track record of building and shipping products that customers love, and experience across both customer-facing and platform product management. You’ve owned a complete product or large parts of an offering and are comfortable leading large cross-functional projects with significant technical complexity (e.g., a system re-architecture, a major data migration, etc.).
- A shipping mentality. We don't believe in spending forever analyzing and debating. The best way to validate something is to ship it — so let's ship it, learn, and iterate.
- Enough technical know-how to talk with engineers about architecture and technical considerations that impact product, and a desire to learn what you don’t know to help drive decision making.
- A passion for financial inclusion and building products that increase access to financial freedom for everyone.
- Bonus: Experience working in the payments space.
We're looking for someone who is...
- A systems thinker that can distill many use-cases into a simple, elegant, generic logical solution design.
- A strong technical partner who is comfortable working with engineering to translate a logical system design into a technical architecture design.
- Able to navigate uncertainty and ambiguity and adept at synthesizing actionable problems, insights, and requirements from raw, unstructured qualitative and quantitative data.
- A thoughtful, critical thinker who follows a systematic and rigorous approach to problem solving.
- Scrappy and comfortable flexing into different roles to support your team. For example:
- Business model and business case development
- Workflow and operational process development
- Negotiation with external vendors, regulatory bodies, and more.
- Project management
- An excellent communicator that can convey complex ideas succinctly and clearly.
- A naturally collaborative and empathetic leader; comfortable working with a diverse group of stakeholders, making making sure every voice is heard.
- Passionate about creating simple and elegant user-experiences. You can’t help but critique the UX of the apps you use.