Lead UX Researcher
Wealthsimple makes smart investing easy, accessible, and transparent for everyone. We're the market leader in Canada and are growing rapidly in international markets. Since our inception in 2014, we’ve grown to manage over $1 billion in assets and over 30,000 clients.
Our team is building one of the largest and most innovative fintech companies in the world. We have significant funding from strategic investors that will allow us to build a strong global brand.
The Wealthsimple Product Design team is comprised of industry veterans with experience at startups, agencies, enterprise companies and incubators. We're committed to building a thoughtful and considerate product, and we've only just begun.
We're looking for a UX Researcher to join the Product team. This is an exciting opportunity to meaningfully contribute to company that is growing fast and learn from industry leaders.
In this role, you’ll:
• Conduct usability research remotely and in person for ongoing and new initiatives.
• Work closely with the product team by participating in project kickoffs, ideation sessions, and design reviews, by sharing insights from research, or relaying key feedback from users.
• Work closely with the product team in conducting market / product research to ensure that we're building the right things.
• Act as a repository of research-based usability knowledge for the organization and help develop testing 'best practices' for consistency and professionalism (this is our first dedicated UX research hire!)
• Engage with project teams to determine validation and testing needs, and the best testing methodology to gather meaningful results, create test plans, recruit participants, moderate the tests, analyze the results, and compile reports.
We’re looking for people who:
• Are great communicators and meticulous record-keepers
• Are comfortable with an iterative design process with ample discussion
• Believe simple is better
• Like to create systems that work well together
• Take initiative, bring ideas to the table, and own their projects
• Value open communication and working on an exceptionally transparent team
• Are collaborate and strive to make others successful
• 2+ years in a similar role
• Opinionated about testing methodologies and software (Choose your own tools!)
• Big bonus points for a working understanding of product design workflows, tools, and limitations
If this describes you, we'd love to meet. Send us your resume and any case studies of projects for which you had a research, usability, or design role.
Wealthsimple is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture, one which reflects the world in which we live. We encourage applicants from underrepresented groups including visible minorities, members of sexual minority groups, first nations persons, persons with disabilities, and women to apply.
At Wealthsimple, we are dedicated to creating a culture with a diversity of talented individuals who join, stay, and work in an environment that enables them to thrive.