Wealthsimple is Canada's largest and fastest growing online investment manager. We make investing easy and accessible to everybody. We believe that great experiences make for great products. Our team is made up of ex- agency and startup talent with experience in building the world's biggest brands and tech products in Toronto, New York, and Silicon Valley.
We're working on the design challenges involved in making investment understandable and easy. We feel strongly about our brand (check out our Investing for Humans campaign or the rest of our blog) and have won two Webby awards for best financial services website. We try to reflect our unique voice in everything we build.
We're growing fast. In 4 years, we've gone from zero assets under management more than $3 Billion in assets under management. We have significant funding from strategic investors that will allow us to continue building an amazing product that's competitive on a global level.
We're looking for a talented, product-focused designer to join the design team in our Toronto office. We're still a small team but we're growing quickly. You'll have a lot of ability to own your projects and grow into a larger role.
In this role, you will
• Be a well-rounded design enthusiast who loves all aspects of making things
• Be focused on our core product offerings – but you may be called upon to touch our marketing sites, create exploratory prototypes, or tackle something completely new
• Work closely with our Chief Product Officer and Director of Design to spec out and design new features, improve the existing product and bring fresh viewpoints to the team
• Own the creation of consistent experiences across platforms
• Balance business goals with optimal user experience
• Work closely with our development teams to implement your designs
• Be able to articulate the thinking & strategy behind your work and why you’ve made certain design decisions
We’re looking for people who:
• Are overall design generalists, love great typography, and want to build delightful experiences
• Have worked on a consumer-facing app or product
• Can execute on beautiful visual design as well as strategic UX thinking
• Believe in doing what's right for the customer
• Believe simple is better, and like to create systems that complement each other
• Take initiative, bring ideas to the table and own projects. You get things done!
• Value open communication and working on a small and exceptionally transparent team
• Care about making others successful
• 3+ years in a similar role
• Strong skills in the design tool of your choice (we use Sketch)
• Demonstrated ability to ship polished and well-thought-out experiences
• Bonus but not required: ability to code HTML and CSS/Sass
How to apply:
• Attach a copy of your resume, portfolio, and a cover letter outlining why you want to join Wealthsimple, a favourite example of a thoughtfully designed product, and one widely held design opinion that you disagree with (and why).
Wealthsimple is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture, one which reflects the world in which we live. We encourage applicants from underrepresented groups including visible minorities, members of sexual minority groups, first nations persons, persons with disabilities, and women to apply.
At Wealthsimple, we are dedicated to creating a culture with a diversity of talented individuals who join, stay, and work in an environment that enables them to thrive.