Senior Software Engineer, Application Security
Toronto or Remote (Canada) /
Technical Teams – Trust /
Permanent Full Time
Wealthsimple is a financial services company on a mission to help everyone achieve financial freedom by providing products and advice that are accessible and affordable. Using smart technology, Wealthsimple takes financial services that are often confusing, opaque and expensive and makes them simple, transparent, and low-cost.
With over 1 million people using Wealthsimple products, we are the market leader in Canada, and we’re fast growing in the US and UK. Our team is working together to build one of the most innovative fintech companies in the world and we're looking for talented people who want to help us move fast, ship often and make a huge impact. Join us on our mission to make financial services simple and affordable for everyone!
Read our Culture Manual to learn more about us and how we work.
Trust @ Wealthsimple
Wealthsimple’s Trust team protects the systems that help hundred of thousands of users manage billions of dollars in assets. We use a micro service architecture and an agile approach, focused on short iterations and rigorous automated testing, deploying our code over 100 times a day.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Further secure our applications and cloud infrastructure, by investigating threats and building software & tools that would allow engineers to quickly and easily develop new, secure code
- Conduct system design reviews and guide our engineers in building security into our architecture
- Build and manage security automation tooling and libraries to help engineers deploy secure software
- Design and deploy new tools and services to improve our internal or external security posture
- Lead the triaging and resolving security vulnerabilities in the application layer
- Establish and promote secure development practices and a strong security culture at Wealthsimple
- Participate in an on-call rotation
We’re looking for someone who:
- Brings significant software development experience coupled with experience with two or more of the following:
- Has experience maintaining production critical systems
- Has experience designing and launching new production microservices
- Has experience in two or more of the following areas:
Ruby / Rails
Java / Kotlin
At Wealthsimple, we embrace difference. We believe that getting to the best outcomes requires diverse perspectives and backgrounds. We create space where all voices can be heard so that we can all do our life's best work. We’re committed to openness, curiosity and creating an inclusive culture as we know that diverse teams build better products and generate better ideas. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Wealthsimple provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.