Influencer & Creator Marketing Manager
Remote (Canada/US) /
Technical Teams – Growth Marketing /
Permanent Full Time
Wealthsimple is on a mission to help everyone achieve financial freedom, no matter who they are or how much they have. Using smart technology, Wealthsimple takes financial services that are often confusing, opaque and expensive and makes them simple, transparent, and low-cost. We're the company behind some of Canada's leading digital financial products, and are growing faster than ever.
Our team is reimagining what it means to manage your money. Smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and great ideas — not ego. We're looking for talented people who love a fast-paced environment, and want to ship often and make an impact with groundbreaking ideas.
At Wealthsimple, we are building products for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Wealthsimple provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
About the role
We're currently looking for an Influencer & Creator Marketing Specialist to build influencer partnerships marketing and help the growing Wealthsimple product ecosystem in Canada (Invest, Trade, Cash, Crypto, Tax)!
As an Influencer & Creator Marketing Specialist, you’ll drive the way we work with influencers across TikTok, Instagram, and our other social channels. You'll work to build out our influencer programs and manage relationships with creators, run and execute campaigns, and create interesting ways to engage our influencer community.
This is an exciting opportunity to meaningfully contribute to a growing company with incredible momentum, a strong team and truly unique product behind you.
In this role, you will:
- Establish Wealthsimple's influencer marketing channel, leading how we work with a wide variety of influencers and creators
- Leveraging data and your understanding of internet & pop culture to create engaging content and drive new users
- Research, identify, and establish relationships with influencers & agencies who align with the brand, leading all aspects of execution, from assessment and prioritization to negotiation and launch of campaigns
- Review influencer assets and ensure they are suitable representations of our brand voice, message, and story
- Assist in the development of influencer media plans, timelines, and reports for internal stakeholders, and manage budgets across our channels
- Own influencer marketing incentives. Using data, experiment with new promotion structures in order to drive high volumes and quality of clients
- Build and report on weekly KPI’s that highlight client growth, reach, engagement, and costs for the influencer channel, and support in the building and execution of product-specific initiatives and strategies
- Work with internal stakeholders like legal, product, and client experience in order to execute successful campaigns
We're looking for someone who:
- Is highly analytical, a strategic thinker and data driven, but also a creative problem solver and innovator
- Has demonstrated success in building and scaling influencer partnerships, whether that be at a top-tier consumer brand or agency
- Has the ability to make thoughtful, actionable recommendations under minimal structure, and quickly build consensus with senior level internal and external stakeholders
- Is execution oriented - demonstrated success in managing projects from inception through to implementation
- Is an excellent communicator. Collegial, high energy, and persistent personality with a level of scrappiness to get things done
- Has their finger on the pulse of pop & internet culture, and able to quickly identify trends and act on them
- Experience managing end-to-end influencer campaigns, whether that be at an agency or fast-paced consumer brand
- Deep understanding of the influencer space, TikTok, Instagram, YouTube, Twitch and other social channels
- Strong analytical skills, comfortable reviewing and analyzing business performance metrics, KPIs, ability to pivot when the data tells you
- Proven experience in crafting and reporting on campaigns and comfort with using analytics to drive toward win-win solutions
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Deep understanding and empathy for clients and partners
- Previous experience in a financial institution or technology startup is a bonus
- Expertise in the Canadian market and a roster of top Canadian influencers a plus