Senior Manager, Accounting
Toronto, Ontario /
Business Teams – Finance /
Permanent Full Time
Wealthsimple is on a mission to help everyone achieve financial freedom. Using smart technology, Wealthsimple takes financial services that are often confusing, opaque and expensive and makes them simple, transparent, and low-cost. We're the company behind some of Canada's leading digital financial products.
Our team is reimagining what it means to manage your money. Smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and great ideas — not ego. We're looking for talented people who love a fast-paced environment, and want to ship often and make an impact with groundbreaking ideas.
We’re a remote-first team and output is more important than face time, so where you choose to work is up to you — as long as you have internet access, you can work from anywhere in Canada. Be a part of our Canadian success story and help shape the financial future of millions — join us! Read our Culture Manual and learn more about how we work.
At Wealthsimple, we are building products for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Wealthsimple provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Support the annual, quarterly and monthly financial reporting processes - reviewing and assisting with the preparation of financial statements and associated note disclosures under IFRS;
- Take responsibility for the review and accuracy of financial reporting packages for the Company’s internal and external stakeholders;
- Manage technical accounting research and draft and review position papers for new, complex transactions;
- Oversee the accounting and administration of the stock-based compensation plans;
- Be responsible for the year- end audit process and deliverables;
- Ensure the accuracy of financial entries, documents and reports;
- Assist in managing and drafting accounting policies;
- Lead a high performing team while also working on some cool projects including process improvement, controls documentation, implementing new technologies to help us improve our efficiencies;
- Own your career growth path. Tell us what else you would like to accomplish and we will work together to make it happen.
Skills we're looking for:
- Financial accounting experience including CPA, CA designation with public accounting experience;
- Strong technical understanding of IFRS required, US GAAP nice to have;
- Ambitious and a self-starter who thrives in a fast paced, growing and dynamic environment ;
- Natural curiosity: if something seems off, you want to figure out what’s going on;
- Passion for the continuous improvement of processes; actively looks for efficiencies;
- Excellent verbal and written communicator and able to convey complex ideas succinctly;
- Loves numbers, organized, and strong Excel skills;
- Attention to detail and ability to work with autonomy;
- Previous experience managing a team is considered an asset;
- Knowledge of fintech, tech and/or financial services industries is nice to have.