Senior Director, Growth Marketing
New York City /
Business Teams – Marketing /
Wealthsimple is a financial services company on a mission to help everyone achieve financial freedom by providing products and advice that are accessible and affordable. Using smart technology, Wealthsimple takes financial services that are often confusing, opaque and expensive and makes them simple, transparent, and low-cost.
With over 1 million people using Wealthsimple products, we are the market leader in Canada, and we’re fast growing in the US and UK. Our team is working together to build one of the most innovative fintech companies in the world and we're looking for talented people who want to help us move fast, ship often and make a huge impact. Join us on our mission to make financial services simple and affordable for everyone!
We are looking for a client acquisition expert to join the Wealthsimple Marketing Team. The Marketing Team is comprised of industry veterans, with experience at startups (Shopify), advertising agencies (Wieden+Kennedy), and publications (GQ magazine). We're committed to building a world-class brand and we've only just begun.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Design and lead implementation of the growth strategy to grow new user acquisition, activation, engagement, and retention in a scalable and efficient way
- Oversee all of Wealthsimple’s growth marketing acquisition to deliver growth at scale leveraging channels such as: Partnerships, Paid Digital, SEO and Offline Channels
- Manage the majority of the company’s marketing budget. You’ll constantly be thinking about how we can better allocate our investment and focus
- Partner closely with Brand, Product and Engineering teams to build campaigns and solutions that drive business growth
- Develop a high performing, driven team that consistently exceed targets
- Lead rapid experimentation of new channels, campaigns, creative, incentives, and approaches for the purpose of building scalable solutions
- Pair with our data science team to continually improve the ways we think about marketing attribution, segmentation, experimentation and marketing strategies
- Perform analysis and craft clear narratives about how digital marketing’s efforts tie to improving business drivers
- Be an industry thought leader and take part in shaping the future of performance marketing roles
We're looking for someone who:
- Brings 10+ years of Performance Marketing and/or Acquisition Marketing experience
- Has a demonstrated track record of using eight figure budgets to rapidly scale companies
- Brings a strong leadership presence; serves as a senior leader within a company and can create buy-in across all levels of an organization for their vision
- Has led and scaled large direct teams as well as cross-functional teams
- Is highly analytical and has deep experience with Excel and SQL
- Has a bias towards continuously looking for the next marketing approach that will kink our growth curve
- Is equal parts strategic thinker and hands-on "do-er" and builder
- Can execute quickly to allow for continual iteration
At Wealthsimple, we embrace difference. We believe that getting to the best outcomes requires diverse perspectives and backgrounds. We create space where all voices can be heard so that we can all do our life's best work. We’re committed to openness, curiosity and creating an inclusive culture as we know that diverse teams build better products and generate better ideas. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Wealthsimple provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.