Tax Expert (4 month contract)
Business Teams – Client Experience (Contract) /
Fixed Term Contract - FT
Your career is an investment that grows over time!
Wealthsimple is on a mission to help everyone achieve financial freedom by reimagining what it means to manage your money. Using smart technology, we take financial services that are often confusing, opaque and expensive and make them transparent and low-cost for everyone. We’re the largest fintech company in Canada, with over 3 million users who trust us with more than $20 billion in assets.
Our teams ship often and make an impact with groundbreaking ideas. We're looking for talented people who keep it simple and value collaboration and humility as we continue to create inclusive and high-performing teams where people can be inspired to do their best work.
Join our highly rated Tax Expert service for the upcoming 2023 tax year. We’re looking for dynamic and experienced tax experts and tax preparers to help guide Wealthsimple clients through their tax return filing. If this is part of your brand, and you want to join a team that prides itself on delivering friendly and honest 1-on-1 tax guidance and support, with incredible client reviews, then we’d love to hear from you.
This role is a 4 month contract starting in January, 2024.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Provide tax guidance and share your expertise with our clients as they prepare and submit personal tax returns through Wealthsimple Tax, with a focus on reviewing returns prior to NETFILE submission to ensuring accurate and complete information is being provided by the client
- Engage directly with clients 1-on-1. Your skills and quality of service will truly be the deciding factor in your success. This will include sessions by phone & video, along with follow-up email support when requested
- Share domain knowledge with your team of tax professionals by being a point of contact for tax questions, clarifications, or complex tax scenarios
- Capture and share insights to improve the client experience across marketing, product, and growth
We're looking for someone who:
- Brings a passion and energy for taxes and interacting with clients about their tax returns!
- Has a deep understanding of the ins and outs of Canadian taxes. You know how to file tax returns, what goes into preparing tax returns, and more importantly, know how to explain these concepts simply.
- Researches tax rules and regulations and provides advice in order to maximize client’s tax return
- Embrace technology and the role it plays in filing your taxes and improving financial services. Specifically, you have the flexibility to navigate multiple applications simultaneously to deliver effective and actionable solutions
- Thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. You’re a trusted team member and professional who can manage their schedules and workload with a positive mindset. It’s important you take pride in your work and have a sense of ownership
- Clearly and concisely communicate with their team members. Your written and verbal communication is focused on ensuring accurate and precise guidance, and tasks, are presented to each client and/or team member, in a way they clearly understand
Skills and experience we're looking for:
- 3+ years professional tax preparation experience, using professional tax preparation software
- 75+ personal tax returns prepared per tax year, for the last 3 years.
- Experience preparing and supporting federal and provincial tax returns reporting, self-employment, rental property, investments, cryptocurrency, and foreign income
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of the Wealthsimple Tax product and Canadian tax returns
Nice to Haves:
- Comfortable with remote work: this is a remote position using a variety of online software and tools to engage with the client
- Tax Preparer certification is a strong asset
- Bilingual, in both English and French, is a welcome asset
🤑 Competitive Salary
📈 Retirement savings matching plan using Wealthsimple Work
🌴 Generous PTO offerings
🛫 90 days away program: Employees can work internationally in eligible countries for up to 90 days per calendar year
🌎 A wide variety of peer and company-led employee resource groups (ie. Rainbow, Women of Wealthsimple, Black @ WS) Employee Resource Groups
We’re a remote-first team, with over 1000 employees coast to coast in North America. Be a part of our Canadian success story and help shape the financial future of millions — join us!
At Wealthsimple, we are building products for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Wealthsimple provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know, and we will work with you to provide the necessary support and make reasonable accommodations to facilitate your participation. We are continuously working to improve our accessibility practices and welcome any feedback or suggestions on how we can better accommodate candidates with accessibility needs.