[Immediate Hire] Athletic Coach
East Harlem- OST
Out of School Time
Part-Time and Seasonal
DREAM (formerly known as DREAM Charter School and Harlem RBI), is an innovative educational and youth development organization, serving over 2,500 East Harlem and South Bronx youth by providing free, high-quality summer and after-school programs to youth ages 5-22 years in an intensive multi-year commitment that connects youth and families to age-appropriate programs and passionate professional staff over time.
DREAM is seeking a dynamic individuals to serve as After-school Athletic Coordinator in our elementary (REAL Kids) school programs. The ideal candidate will be able to join DREAM for the full commitment of after-school, which runs from September through June. Candidates must also understand and value DREAM’s comprehensive approach to youth development and inspire, lead, and motivate DREAM staff to drive outcomes that support youth in recognizing their potential and realizing their dreams.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead a group of up to 18-20 youth (per team) in daily after-school sports activities and social-emotional learning through sporting activities.
- Facilitate or co-facilitate lessons to help youth build their social and emotional skills.
- Collaborate with team to plan & facilitate various sporting activities.
- Model and encourage positive participation in all daily and sporting activities, with a focus on team building.
- Model professionalism through consistent attendance, timeliness and preparation.
- Supervise and manage youth at all athletic activities using positive youth development strategies.
- Participate in bi-weekly professional development and tactical training in addition to formal feedback and coaching.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 1 year working with and record of success groups of school-age children in a sports based youth development setting.
- Experience with behavior management systems, including positive youth development, preferred.
- Belief in the outcomes of the DREAM List, including the importance of social emotional competency and advocacy for self and others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and presentation skills, preferred.
- Exhibits high energy, warmth, enthusiasm and patience in working with youth.
- Demonstrated interest in assisting students develop motor skills through sporting activities.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team setting.
ELEMENTARY PROGRAM HOURS:
- Monday 1:30-5:45pm, Tuesday- Thursday between the times of 2:30–5:45pm (depending on site schedule) and Friday from 12:30- 4:30pm (depending on site schedule)
- $16-$18 per hour, commensurate with experience
- September 2019–June 2020
DREAM provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees.