Senior Coordinator of Communications & Brand
East Harlem- Network
DREAM (formerly known as DREAM Charter School and Harlem RBI), is an innovative educational and youth development organization, serving over 2,500 East Harlem and South Bronx youth by providing free, high-quality summer and after-school programs to youth ages 5-22 years in an intensive multi-year commitment that connects youth and families to age-appropriate programs and passionate professional staff over time.
DREAM (formerly known as Harlem RBI), an innovative educational and youth development organization, is seeking a flexible team player to join its Advancement Team as the Senior Coordinator of Communications & Brand. The ideal candidate will be familiar with both traditional and digital marketing and is looking to work in a fast-paced environment. DREAM’s Advancement Team is comprised of its Communications & Brand, Development, and Special Events teams. They are brand stewards, relationship builders, and experience creators who work internally and externally to strategically advance DREAM’s mission to level the playing field for all children to recognize their potential and realize their dreams. The Senior Coordinator of Communications & Brand will report to the Senior Manager of Communications & Brand.
DREAM has an ambitious 10-year strategic plan that includes raising $20M in annual operational support and an additional $50M in capital. Combined, these funds will help DREAM reach its goal of expanding to serve 2,500 students in New York City through its PreK-12 schools. DREAM’s fundraising efforts enable it to provide an extended-day, extended-year school model that is focused on the whole child and is transforming lives.
Like all DREAM employees, the Communications & Brand Senior Coordinator should demonstrate a strong commitment to DREAM’s mission and Maxims. Come join an organization that was recognized as one of the “50 Best Nonprofits to Work For” by The Nonprofit Times and as the winner of the Nonprofit Excellence Award – Silver Prize for Overall Management Excellence by the Nonprofit Coordinating Committee of New York.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop copy and content for communications campaigns in order to tell DREAM’s story across a variety of platforms and mediums, including the website, social media, email, our Annual Report, brochures, fact sheets, and other marketing materials;
- Work closely with the Communications & Brand team to create and implement a digital strategy that is aligned with organizational goals—including brand awareness and fundraising efforts—and integrates communication across all user touch-points;
- Develop, design, and deliver email campaigns, including list management and segmentation;
- Manage DREAM’s social media accounts with the goal of increasing audience, engagement, and brand awareness;
- Drive the development and implementation of a website redesign project, and maintain regular content updates to the site;
- Prepare performance reports that analyze traffic and trends with respect to our digital efforts;Manage Adwords grant account to send quality traffic to the DREAM website;
- Maintain basic organizational materials such as stationery, signage, business cards, etc.;
- Perform basic office duties such as invoice up-keeping, thorough archiving of all communications materials, database maintenance, etc.;
- Collaborate on a variety of projects with members of DREAM’s Advancement Team and with members of departments across the organization, as needed;
- Support and manage other Communications & Brand team projects, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience;
- 3-4 years of previous marketing and/or communications experience;
- Superior writing and editing skills; In-depth knowledge of best practices for social media marketing;
- Experience managing email campaigns, including designing emails and segmenting target audiences;
- Strong interpersonal skills to ably serve as a DREAM ambassador internally and externally;
- Dependability and excellent organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple priorities at once, change direction as needed, and thrive in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent computer skills (Mac operating systems preferred), including mastery of all MS Office products;
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite and Salesforce Marketing Cloud a plus;
- A team player mindset is a must.
- Salary is highly competitive and commensurate with experience. All full-time employees receive an excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, a 403(B) retirement account, life insurance, twenty days paid vacation per year and access to a full range of social services through our Employee Assistance Program.
- Normal business hours with some evening and weekend hours, as needed.
DREAM provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees.