[Immediate Hire] Program Assistant
East Harlem- OST
Out of School Time
Part-Time and Seasonal
DREAM (formerly known as DREAM Charter School and Harlem RBI), is an innovative educational and youth development organization, serving over 2,500 East Harlem and South Bronx youth by providing free, high-quality summer and after-school programs to youth ages 5-22 years in an intensive multi-year commitment that connects youth and families to age-appropriate programs and passionate professional staff over time.
A successful Program Assistant is a skilled administrator who has a desire to make a lasting impact in an underserved community. The Program Assistant should demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission and values of DREAM and have substantial expertise in all areas of responsibility.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the day-to-day operations of the site to ensure youth participate in activities safely, on schedule and with adequate supplies and services;
- Communicate program news and information to program participants, parents and staff;
- Manage enrollment and recruitment strategies;
- Track supply orders and site budget;
- Utilize attendance tracking tools and drive efforts to ensure youth attendance goals are satisfied;
- Input daily attendance into data management system SalesForce;
- Collaborate regularly with the REAL Kids Program Manager to evaluate, troubleshoot, and improve after school and summer programming;
- Plan and lead daily team meetings before program begins, focused on professional development for staff, and other relevant topics to ensure communication and expectations are clear;
- Additional administrative duties as needed;
- At least 2 years previous operations and administrative experience;
- High school diploma or equivalent required, college enrollment or degree, preferred;
- Demonstrated proficiency in utilizing Microsoft applications and attendance tracking software;
- Outstanding organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple responsibilities;
- Proven record of success in project management;
- Ability to uphold, promote and model youth development principles;
- Strong oral and written communication skills and presentation skills;
- Belief in the outcomes of the DREAM List, including the importance of social emotional competency and advocacy for self and others;
- Ability to read and write in Spanish and fluency in spoken Spanish is preferred.
HOURS After-School: generally Monday – Friday 12:30pm – 6:00pm Summer: generally Monday-Thursday, 7:30am – 5:00pm, Friday 8:00am-3:00pm
$18-20 per hour depending on experience
Present-School Year 2020-2021
DREAM provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees.