East Harlem- Network
DREAM (formerly known as DREAM Charter School and Harlem RBI), is an innovative educational and youth development organization, serving over 2,500 East Harlem and South Bronx youth by providing free, high-quality summer and after-school programs to youth ages 5-22 years in an intensive multi-year commitment that connects youth and families to age-appropriate programs and passionate professional staff over time.
Reporting to the Director of Professional Development and Training, the Fellowship Manager is a new role to DREAM that is responsible for the planning and project management of DREAM’s education fellowship, an innovative career pathway program for college-aged youth from the communities that DREAM serves to become the future teachers, mentors and coaches for DREAM students.
This person will be responsible in a variety of areas including but not limited to:
program design & innovation, curriculum design, training coordination, and strategic planning. The ideal candidate is a results-oriented team player who is willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done through proactive problem-solving and the ability to adapt and succeed within changing and challenging circumstances. They demonstrate eagerness for continuous personal and professional development, a deep curiosity, and an aptitude for using data and implementing feedback to continually make improvements. They possess knowledge of challenges faced by new teachers and possess curriculum development skills with a focus on adult development. They have the ability to prioritize effectively and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment. This person has strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to build trusting and collaborative relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
Like all DREAM employees, the Fellowship Manager should demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission and values of DREAM and should have substantial expertise in all areas of responsibility. Candidates must also value DREAM’s comprehensive approach to education and desire to make a lasting impact in underserved communities as part of a growing organization.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support the Director with Fellowship design & planning, curriculum design, coordination, evaluation and communications
- Plan and prepare plan materials for internal and external meetings and presentations with the Director of Professional Development and Training and other leaders
- Develop and maintain work plans that establish timelines and milestones to ensure work on pilot stays on track and include specific targets and measures for tracking of planned goals
- Support curriculum development and coordinate implementation of training series for mentor teachers and founding cohort of Fellows
- Provide project management support by monitoring project timeline and deliverables to ensure progress on high-level work
- Measure and evaluate activities that will lead to Fellow success, and develop recommendations on how to improve
- Partner with Director of Recruitment & Selection to design rigorous assessment process and coordinate Fellow recruitment
- Responsible for day to day communication and coordination with internal and external stakeholders; Strategic thinker who enjoys a fast pace and who is comfortable adjusting quickly to change and new challengesConduct quantitative and qualitative research where applicable
- Support the Chief Talent Officer and other talent team retention initiatives with other projects and duties as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- At least 3-5 years of relevant professional work experience required; Exceptional project management skills and experience running a program or pilot desired
- Experience in K-12 curriculum design a plus
- Demonstrates knowledge of adult learning and development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint required
- Extremely detail-oriented and well-organized, with the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Highly resourceful with the ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve issues
- A positive, upbeat attitude, solutions-oriented and high level of flexibility
- Ability to create and maintain systems that enhance organizational efficiency.
- Salary is highly competitive and commensurate with experience. All full-time employees receive an excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, a 403(b) retirement account, life insurance, twenty days paid vacation per year and access to a full range of social services through our Employee Assistance Program.
DREAM provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees.