[Summer 2020] Youth Enrichment Teaching Opportunities
Out of School Time
Part-Time and Seasonal
DREAM (formerly known as DREAM Charter School and Harlem RBI), is an innovative educational and youth development organization, serving over 2,500 East Harlem and South Bronx youth by providing free, high-quality summer and after-school programs to youth ages 5-22 years in an intensive multi-year commitment that connects youth and families to age-appropriate programs and passionate professional staff over time.
DREAM, an award-winning youth development organization, is seeking dynamic Enrichment Specialists, both individuals, and contractors, to work in our elementary (K-5th) enrichment program. DREAM’s REAL Kids four-week summer program offers a unique environment focused on enhancing youth engagement in reading and learning while building life skills in nutrition and fitness, critical thinking, team building, and leadership. An ideal candidate should be able to provide an encouraging learning environment that focuses on but is not limited to, an artistic, cultural or academic activity.
These opportunities are available at the following locations: East Harlem, South Bronx, and Newark.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design and deliver curricula for enrichment activities that are aligned to the DREAM values including respect, effort and teamwork;
- Embed literacy throughout all instruction;
- Lead activities that are engaging and age-appropriate for grades 2nd through 5thGrade;
- Prepare all materials before activities begin and facilitate a thorough clean up afterwards;
- Encourage youth to positively participate in activities;
- Serve as a role model while demonstrating professional behavior;
- Ensure the safety of youth during activities;
- NOTE: Enrichment Activities that require materials/resources will be given a conservative budget on an as-needed basis.
- Must be at least 18 years of age;
- High school diploma required & Bachelor’s degree/certification in related field preferred;
- Minimum 2 years experience working with groups of youth;
- Clear passion for and detailed knowledge of specialty area;
- Understanding of effective youth development strategies and conflict resolution;
- Exemplary social, organizational, verbal and written communication skills;
- Dedication to the program and ability to collaborate with colleagues to ensure a positive, productive youth experience.
DREAM provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees.