[Immediate Hire] Enrichment Specialist
Out of School Time
Part-Time and Seasonal
DREAM (formerly known as DREAM Charter School and Harlem RBI), is an innovative educational and youth development organization, serving over 2,500 East Harlem and South Bronx youth by providing free, high-quality summer and after-school programs to youth ages 5-22 years in an intensive multi-year commitment that connects youth and families to age-appropriate programs and passionate professional staff over time.
DREAM is seeking a dynamic individuals to serve as Enrichment Specialists both individuals and contractors, to work in our nationally recognized elementary enrichment program. REAL Kids programming offers a supportive teaching environment that fosters creativity and innovation.
REAL Kids programming offers a supportive teaching environment that fosters creativity and innovation. Enrichment Specialists provide an encouraging learning environment that focuses on, but is not limited to: an artistic, cultural or academic activity. Some activities Specialists have led in the past include Mad Science, Hip-Hop Dance, and Art Club. Specialists deliver sessions to teams of 20 students (maximum) supported by two college-aged Group Leaders. Group Leaders aspire to work in education, youth development or social work. The Campus Manager and Instructional Coordinator are present to support all Enrichment Specialists inside and outside of the classroom.
Like all DREAM employees Enrichment Specialists should demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission and values of DREAM and should have substantial expertise in all areas of responsibility. Come join an organization that has been recognized as one of the “50 Best Non-Profits to Work For” by The Nonprofit Times and as the winner of the Nonprofit Excellence Award – Silver Prize for Overall Management Excellence by the Nonprofit Coordinating Committee of New York.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Design and deliver curricula for enrichment activities that are aligned to the DREAM values including respect, effort and teamwork;
- Embed literacy throughout all instruction;
- Lead activities that are engaging and age-appropriate for grades 2nd through 5thGrade;
- Prepare all materials before activities begin and facilitate a thorough clean up afterwards;
- Encourage youth to positively participate in activities;
- Serve as a role model while demonstrating professional behavior;
- Ensure the safety of youth during activities;
- NOTE:Enrichment Activities that require materials/resources will be given a conservative budget on an as-needed basis.
- Must be at least 18 years of age;
- High school diploma required & Bachelor’s degree/certification in related field preferred;
- Minimum 2 years experience working with groups of youth;
- Clear passion for and detailed knowledge of specialty area;
- Understanding of effective youth development strategies and conflict resolution;
- Exemplary social, organizational, verbal and written communication skills;
- Dedication to the program and ability to collaborate with colleagues to ensure a positive, productive youth experience.
- The REAL Kids after-school program operates from late September to early June.
- After-school hours typically follow the Department of Education calendar, up to Monday –Thursday from 2:30pm to 5:30pm, Friday from 1-4:30pm and vary depending on site location. Multiple schedules available.
- Hourly and commensurate with experience.
DREAM provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees.