Middle School Athletics Coach
East Harlem- OST /
Out of School Time /
Part-Time and Seasonal
DREAM (formerly known as DREAM Charter School and Harlem RBI), is an innovative educational and youth development organization, serving over 2,500 East Harlem and South Bronx youth by providing free, high-quality summer and after-school programs to youth ages 5-22 years in an intensive multi-year commitment that connects youth and families to age-appropriate programs and passionate professional staff over time.
DREAM (formerly known as Harlem RBI), an award winning sports-based youth development program, is seeking a dynamic individual to serve as an Athletics Coach for our middle school after-school component. The ideal candidate will have the opportunity to help offer successful and effective instruction and guidance for the DREAM Charter School team. The Athletics Coach is a key member of the Athletics Health & Wellness team and ensures the continued excellence, growth and sustainability of DREAM’s Athletics programs.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Facilitate daily movement/physical activity breaks;
- Plan and facilitate virtual & in-person athletics club(s);
- Support overall program activities, as needed;
- Support program quality by implementing Athletics, Health, and Wellness tools and practices;
- Supervise and manage individual behavior at all times using positive discipline techniques and proactive interventions to ensure the physical and emotional safety of all scholars;
- Model and encourage positive youth behaviors and promote DREAM’s mission, values and organizational policies to all staff, participants and stakeholders;
- Other duties as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required;
- 2+ years of coaching experience;
- 2+ years of physical education experience;
- Previous experience participating in competitive athletics at the high school and/or collegiate level;
- Ability to uphold, promote, and model sport-based youth development principles;
- CPR/First Aid certification, a plus;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, organization skills and attention to detail;
- Must be able to work in-person at the program site.
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 3:00pm-5:00pm
- Additional hours vary according to seasonal schedule shifts
- $20 per hour
- October 2020-June 2021
All Kids Can. This Kid Can.
DREAM is Family.
Fun is a Serious Value.
Teamwork Makes the DREAM Work.
Fail. Persist. Exceed.
DREAM provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees.