East Harlem- Network
DREAM Charter Schools
DREAM Charter School is a part of DREAM (formerly known as DREAM Charter School and Harlem RBI), an innovative educational and youth development organization serving over 2,500 East Harlem and South Bronx youth by providing free, high-quality summer and after-school programs to youth ages 5-22 years in an intensive multi-year commitment that connects youth and families to age-appropriate programs and passionate professional staff over time.
DREAM Charter School, a rigorous, Pre-K-11 public charter school in East Harlem and the South Bronx is seeking a dynamic and innovative individual to serve as a ESL Coordinator. This role will support the school in addressing the social, emotional and developmental needs of the school’s students and families, and in helping students access appropriate resources and services.
Like all DREAM employees, the ESL Coordinator should demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission and values of DREAM Charter School and should have substantial expertise in all areas of responsibility. Come join an organization that was recently recognized as one of the “50 Best Non-Profits to Work For” by The Nonprofit Times and as the winner of the Nonprofit Excellence Award – Silver Prize for Overall Management Excellence by the Nonprofit Coordinating Committee of New York.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Deliver instruction to ELLs through push in and pull out services;
- Coach teachers in providing differentiated instruction to ELLs;
- Deliver English as a Second Language instruction to our families;
- Review and analyze data gathered from NYSESLAT, interim assessments and classwork to support teaching and delivery of instruction;
- Develop and implement ESL curriculum for grades 6-11 (expanding 6-12);
- Support with ESL curriculum and instruction network-wide as needed;
- Serve as member of network ESL team and collaborated on shared outcomes;
- Assist with the identification and admissions of ELLs;
- Oversee and administer all testing material related to ELLs.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; ESOL certification (strongly preferred)
- Minimum of 3-4 years experience working in a diverse school setting;
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Common Core Standards;
- Knowledge of Speaking and Listening Common Core standards preferred;
- Strong listening, oral and written communication skills;
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail;
DREAM provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees.