Data and Assessment Associate
East Harlem- Network
DREAM (formerly known as DREAM Charter School and Harlem RBI), is an innovative educational and youth development organization, serving over 2,500 East Harlem and South Bronx youth by providing free, high-quality summer and after-school programs to youth ages 5-22 years in an intensive multi-year commitment that connects youth and families to age-appropriate programs and passionate professional staff over time.
DREAM is seeking a dynamic individual to serve as a Data and Assessment Associate. This is an entry level position. Reporting to the Data Manager, the ideal candidate is data-driven and has great technical skills. Candidates must also understand and value DREAM’s comprehensive approach to youth development and inspire, lead, and motivate DREAM staff to drive outcomes that support youth in recognizing their potential and realizing their dreams.
Like all DREAM employees Data and Assessment Associate should demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission and values of DREAM and should have substantial expertise in all areas of responsibility. Come join an organization that was recently recognized as one of the “50 Best Non-Profits to Work For” by The Nonprofit Times and as the winner of the Nonprofit Excellence Award – Silver Prize for Overall Management Excellence by the Nonprofit Coordinating Committee of New York.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Data Collection & Management
- Assist in the entire test administration process for all DREAM assessments to ensure that testing procedures are routine and include smooth, efficient distribution, administration and collection of assessments
- Oversee unit assessment tracking timelines to ensure all assessments are created, administered, scored, and scanned in a smooth and efficient manner that allows for timely analysisCollect and process grades across multiple platforms to create, print and distribute report cards to families
- Assist in expanding student information systems to schools and teams that are transitioning to new information platformsAdminister and analyze internal and external student, staff, and family surveysPrint and assemble relevant materials for testing events and data analysis meetings
- Collaborate with the Director of Special Education to ensure that all mandated testing accommodations are adhered to for students with disabilities
- Support school-based staff in using data tools and reports in a way that allows them to make effective data driven decisions
- Data Reporting & Analysis
- Build and maintain data reports and visualizations to display student achievement results and key performance metrics
- Support school-based staff in using data tools and reports for continuous improvementAdminister and analyze internal and external student, staff, and family surveys
- Provide additional data reporting and analysis as needed for external accountability, compliance, or development tasks
- Data Use
- Assist the Data Manager’s work with teachers and instructional leadership to track and analyze data in a way that allows them to make effective data driven decisions
- Work with external and internal data that identifies schools'/teachers' achievement strengths and challenges and diagnoses trends
- Support implementation of strategic initiatives including school expansion and social emotional learning
- Project planning experience
- Intermediate technical skills (excel, powerpoint, formatting and inclusion of charts and graphs)
- Some administrative experience
- Ability to complete data dashboards and visualizations (tableau and google data studio)
- Some experience in NYC school settings/youth worker education
- Coding experience (html, r)
- ATS experience
Hours and Compensation
- Normal business hours with some evening and weekend hours as needed.
- Salary is highly competitive and commensurate with experience. All full-time employees receive an excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, a 403(B) retirement account, life insurance, twenty days paid vacation per year and access to a full range of social services through our Employee Assistance Program.
DREAM provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees.