Data & Assessment Manager
East Harlem- Network /
Shared Services /
DREAM (formerly known as DREAM Charter School and Harlem RBI), is an innovative educational and youth development organization, serving over 2,500 East Harlem and South Bronx youth by providing free, high-quality summer and after-school programs to youth ages 5-22 years in an intensive multi-year commitment that connects youth and families to age-appropriate programs and passionate professional staff over time.
DREAM Charter School, a rigorous Pre-K-12th grade public charter school system in East Harlem and the South Bronx, is seeking a dynamic and driven individual to serve as the Data and Assessment Manager. Reporting to DREAM's Director of Data, Assessment, and Evaluation, the Data and Assessment Manager will support the Director in data collection, management, reporting, and analysis across schools.
The ideal candidate is productively independent but also a team player who can be relied on to get the job done through both proactive problem-solving and effective communication. They take directions well and can complete tasks with attention to detail while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment. They have experience with working on long term projects and the ability to prioritize effectively to achieve goals months or years away. They can adapt to changing and challenging circumstances by staying positive and solutions-oriented. They demonstrate an eagerness to learn new things, try and fail, and are looking to grow both professionally and personally. They exhibit an internal customer service orientation that is grounded in a deep respect for teachers and youth workers and the belief that by providing reliable, high-quality support to fellow staff members we empower them to serve our youth and achieve our mission. In addition, the mission of the DREAM Data Team is to provide staff with the information necessary to improve our work and the lives of youth by creating effective systems for data collection, reporting, and analysis and building staff capacity to make the best data-driven decisions possible.
Like all DREAM employees, the Data and Assessment Manager should demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission and values of DREAM and should have expertise in all areas of responsibility. Candidates must also understand and value DREAM’s comprehensive approach to school, youth development, and desire to make a lasting impact in underserved communities while contributing to the expansion of a dynamic organization.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Data Collection & Management:
- Lead the entire test administration process for all DREAM assessments to ensure that testing procedures are routine and include smooth, efficient distribution, administration, and collection of assessments;
- Collaborate with the Director of Special Education to ensure that all mandated testing accommodations are adhered to for students with disabilities;
- Print and assemble relevant materials for testing events and data analysis meetings;
- Oversee unit assessment tracking timelines to ensure all assessments are created, administered, scored, and scanned in a smooth and efficient manner that allows for timely analysis;
- Collect and process grades across multiple platforms to create, print and distribute report cards to families Administer and analyze internal and external student, staff, and family surveys;
- Assist in expanding student information systems to schools and teams that are transitioning to new information platformsTrain and support school-based staff in using data tools and reports in a way that allows them to make effective data-driven decisions.
- Data Reporting & Analysis:
- Build and maintain data reports and visualizations to display student achievement results and key performance metrics;
- Train and support school-based staff in using data tools and reports for continuous improvement;
- Administer and analyze internal and external student, staff, and family surveys;
- Provide additional data reporting and analysis as needed for external accountability, compliance, teacher evaluation or development tasks.
- Data Use:
- Lead data meetings with instructional leadership to track and analyze data in a way that allows them to make effective data-driven decisions;
- Work with external and internal data that identifies schools'/teachers' achievement strengths and challenges and diagnoses trends;
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders to implement several strategic initiatives including school expansion, organizational excellence, and social-emotional learning.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; advanced degree a related field a plus;
- At least 3-4 years experience in education and/or data analysis preferred;
- Previous experience as supervisor or manager;
- Experience analyzing data with exceptional accuracy and attention to detail;
- Adept at distilling and communicating complex concepts to various audiences in a clear and concise manner;
- Ability to complete data dashboards and visualizations;
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative, solution-focused manner;
- Skilled in creating and implementing project plans to tackle long-term assignments;
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to conduct and coordinate multiple tasks under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. All full-time employees receive an excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, a 403B retirement account, life insurance, twenty days paid vacation per year and access to a full range of social services through our Employee Assistance Program.
All Kids Can. This Kid Can.
DREAM is Family.
Fun is a Serious Value.
Teamwork Makes the DREAM Work.
Fail. Persist. Exceed.
DREAM provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees.