[2020-2021] Pre-K Operations Associate
East Harlem: PK-8 /
DREAM Charter Schools /
DREAM Charter School is a part of DREAM (formerly known as DREAM Charter School and Harlem RBI), an innovative educational and youth development organization serving over 2,500 East Harlem and South Bronx youth by providing free, high-quality summer and after-school programs to youth ages 5-22 years in an intensive multi-year commitment that connects youth and families to age-appropriate programs and passionate professional staff over time.
DREAM Charter School is seeking a dynamic and driven individual to serve as Operations Associate at its Pre-Kindergarten site. Reporting to the Director of Operations, this role is responsible for providing operational, administrative, and programmatic support to the students and staff of DREAM.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate responsive interactions with families, guests, and DREAM stakeholders at all times;
- Assist the Pre-K Director and teachers with all operations functions, including day-to-day processes, special events and family interactions;
- Support the DREAM PreK-8 Operations Team with various projects throughout the year;
- Support DREAM teachers in order to maximize learning time for our scholars, including student and classroom assistance;
- Maintain accurate student and program records for the Pre-K in order to monitor, and stay in, compliance with relevant DOH and DOE requirements and policies
- Keep Pre-K areas organized and clean to support the consistency of the entire school environment;
- Oversee the Pre-K environment and all supply spaces utilized by both staff and scholars, including liaising with custodial staff when needed and maintaining office supply closets;
- Provide a welcoming atmosphere for scholars, families, and other stakeholders in our Pre-K space and uphold DREAM values at all times;
- Serve as the main conduit of information (including, but not limited to enrollment, family communications, and staff and scholar notices) for information distributed to DREAM Pre-K stakeholders;
- Provide all administrative support (ordering food, arranging transportation, making copies, etc.) as needed.
- Helps to manage relationships on the CPEII campus, including other schools/programs' administration and the custodial staff
- Bachelor’s Degree required;
- Bilingual (English/Spanish), required;
- Experience in a youth-friendly environment preferred, including direct service work with youth as staff or in a volunteer capacity;
- Knowledge of and experience with school facilities and relevant technologies;
- Knowledge and comfort with Microsoft Excel;
- Familiarity with student information systems (TeacherEase, ATS, and SchoolMint);
- Commitment to continuous improvement and learning through professional development.
- DREAM salary is highly competitive and is based on experience and qualifications. All DREAM staff members receive a comprehensive benefits package, including health and dental insurance, a 403(b) retirement account, life insurance and access to social services through our Employee Assistance Program.
All Kids Can. This Kid Can.
DREAM is Family.
Fun is a Serious Value.
Teamwork Makes the DREAM Work.
Fail. Persist. Exceed.
DREAM provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees.