[2021-2022] Middle School Operations Coordinator
Mott Haven Middle School /
DREAM Charter Schools – School Support /
Originally founded in 1991 as Harlem RBI, DREAM has grown to annually serve more than 2,500 youth across East Harlem and the South Bronx through a network of six PreK-12, extended-day, extended-year DREAM Charter Schools and community sports-based youth development programs. Through our commitment to rigorous academics, social-emotional learning, deep family and community engagement, and health and wellness, we create lifelong learners who are equipped to fulfill their vision of success in and out of the classroom. We dream big, as well, with an aggressive five-year plan to expand to serve 3,500 students across seven schools—growing our organization’s impact and leveling the playing field for all children. To learn more, visit wearedream.org.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Operations Coordinator will be responsible for providing administrative and programmatic support to the school. This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and driven individual to develop a range of operations skills in a growing, fast-paced environment.
- Provide comprehensive support to overall school operations and cultural practices;
- Serve as the first point of contact for the school, including managing the main office, greeting families and other visitors, answering phone calls, and overseeing Principal’s calendar and meetings;
- Facilitate and assist in the maintenance and execution of centralized systems, including distributing student MetroCards and coordinating school food services for staff and scholars;
- Oversee school attendance systems and assist in the management of student records and family information, including registration, enrollment, and discharge, class rosters, special education and ELL data and any/all other student information in student database systems;
- Support with scholar needs throughout the day as needed;
- Support with planning and implementation of team-wide events, from professional development to team-building to org-wide occasions.
- Bachelor's degree required;
- Bilingual Spanish/English, preferred;
- Experience in a youth development or academic environment preferred, including direct service work with youth as staff or in a volunteer capacity;
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills to serve as a DREAM ambassador internally and externally;Knowledge of and experience with school facilities and relevant technologies (e.g. Google Suite, PowerSchool, DeansList), a plus;
- Excited to take on the opportunities that come with running a growing school, approaching them with flexibility, a learning and solutions-oriented mindset, and demonstrated ability to persevere and think quickly of opportunities and challenges in the lives and education of urban youth, and a belief that all students can achieve at high levels;
- A desire to make a difference in the lives of our students, families, and community;Deep embodiment of DREAM’s organizational values of teamwork, diversity, integrity, and fun.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
At DREAM, diversity, equity, and inclusion are a matter of mission.
From our schools to our playing fields, DREAM is committed to building a team where each individual can bring their full identity and experience to work because representation matters—it enriches our team culture, enhances our ability to innovate, and strengthens our impact in and out of the classroom. DREAM engages staff that represent and appreciate the diversity of our majority Black and Hispanic student body, while working to ensure that our practices are equitable, welcoming, and productive. We are dedicated to creating a world where youth, especially youth of color, have permission to dream—along with the tools and opportunities to make their dreams reality.
Come dream with us.
All Kids Can. This Kid Can.
DREAM is Family.
Fun is a Serious Value.
Teamwork Makes the DREAM Work.
Fail. Persist. Exceed.