Recruitment and Selection Coordinator
East Harlem- Network
DREAM (formerly known as DREAM Charter School and Harlem RBI), is an innovative educational and youth development organization, serving over 2,500 East Harlem and South Bronx youth by providing free, high-quality summer and after-school programs to youth ages 5-22 years in an intensive multi-year commitment that connects youth and families to age-appropriate programs and passionate professional staff over time.
DREAM is seeking a dynamic individual to serve as a Recruitment and Selection Coordinator. Reporting to the Director of Recruitment and Selection, the ideal candidate is data-driven, has great communication skills, and is passionate about bringing diverse and mission-driven people to DREAM to support our youth. Candidates must also understand and value DREAM’s comprehensive approach to youth development and inspire, lead, and motivate DREAM staff to drive outcomes that support youth in recognizing their potential and realizing their dreams.
Like all DREAM employees, the Recruitment and Selection Coordinator should demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission and values of DREAM and should have substantial expertise in all areas of responsibility. Come join an organization that was recently recognized as one of the “50 Best Non-Profits to Work For” by The Nonprofit Times and as the winner of the Nonprofit Excellence Award – Silver Prize for Overall Management Excellence by the Nonprofit Coordinating Committee of New York.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the organizations have top quality job candidates by building strong referral and partnership networks and cultivating relationships with potential future candidates;
- Evaluate applicant fit by screening resumes, conducting phone screens, creating hiring tasks, and reference checks;
- Ensure applicants have interview and on-boarding experiences which are high quality and reflective of the organization’s culture;
- Collaborate with other DREAM staff and leadership to determine needs and appropriate candidate fit;
- Post and refresh open positions on all appropriate sites;
- Create and maintain support documents as needed by the Recruitment and Hiring team;
- Maintain various department trackers;
- Regularly enter and update data into our applicant tracking system;
- Attend all DREAM related recruitment/job fairs;
- Support all recruiting efforts through the building of internal and external pipelines;
- Create organizational systems to make Talent processes smoother and more user-friendly;
- Support marketing initiative
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Minimum 2 years experience preferred;
- Previous recruitment and hiring experience for a school or other education-focused program preferred;
- High energy and strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to lead and take initiative, maintain flexibility, and creatively solve problems;
- A strong commitment to diversity, inclusion and collaboration.
- DREAM salary is highly competitive with other non-profits, and is based on experience and qualifications. All DREAM staff receive a comprehensive benefits package, including health and dental insurance, a 403(b) retirement account, life insurance and access to social services through our Employee Assistance Program.
DREAM provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees.