[Summer 2020] Enrichment Specialists
Out of School Time
Part-Time and Seasonal
DREAM (formerly known as DREAM Charter School and Harlem RBI), is an innovative educational and youth development organization, serving over 2,500 East Harlem and South Bronx youth by providing free, high-quality summer and after-school programs to youth ages 5-22 years in an intensive multi-year commitment that connects youth and families to age-appropriate programs and passionate professional staff over time.
Enrichment Specialists create diverse learning experiences that focus on, but are not limited to artistic, cultural or STEM activities. Some activities Specialists have led in the past include Karate, Hip-Hop Dance, and Art Club. Specialists deliver hour-long sessions to teams of 18-20 students (maximum) supported by two college-aged Group Leaders. An Education Specialist is present to support all Enrichment Specialists inside and outside of the classroom.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design and deliver curricula for enrichment activities that are aligned to the DREAM values including respect, effort and teamwork;
- Collaborate with Education Specialists and Reading Teachers to provide a cohesive and fun experience for youth;Embed literacy throughout all instruction;
- Lead activities that are engaging and age-appropriate for grades Kindergarten through 3rd Grade;
- Prepare all materials before activities begin and facilitate a thorough clean up afterwards;
- Encourage youth to positively participate in activities;
- Serve as a role model while demonstrating professional behavior;
- Ensure the safety of youth during activities;
- NOTE: Enrichment Activities that require materials/resources will be given a conservative budget on an as-needed basis.
- Must be at least 18 years of age;High school diploma required & Bachelor’s degree/certification in related field preferred;
- Minimum 2 years experience working with groups of youth;
- Clear passion for and detailed knowledge of specialty area;
- Understanding of effective youth development strategies and conflict resolution;
- Exemplary social, organizational, verbal and written communication skills;
- Dedication to the program and ability to collaborate with colleagues to ensure a positive, productive youth experience;
- The REAL Kids summer program will operate from July 6 to August 14, 2020.
- Paid online and onsite training will be provided.
- Monday through Thursday; schedules will vary by site assignment—generally 1-4:30pm.
- Hourly and commensurate with experience.
DREAM provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees.