East Harlem- OST
Out of School Time
Part-Time and Seasonal
DREAM (formerly known as DREAM Charter School and Harlem RBI), is an innovative educational and youth development organization, serving over 2,500 East Harlem and South Bronx youth by providing free, high-quality summer and after-school programs to youth ages 5-22 years in an intensive multi-year commitment that connects youth and families to age-appropriate programs and passionate professional staff over time.
DREAM is seeking dynamic individuals to serve as After-School Program Operation’s Assistant in our middle (DreamBuilders) program. The ideal candidate will be able to join DREAM for the full commitment of the program year, which runs from mid-September through mid-August. Operation’s Assistant will support the day-to-day operations of the program and coordinates communications with families. A successful Operation’s Assistant is a skilled administrator who has a desire to make a lasting impact in an underserved community. The Operation’s Assistant should demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission and values of DREAM and have substantial expertise in all areas of responsibility
Like all DREAM employees, the After-School Program Operation's Associate should demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission and values of DREAM and should have substantial expertise in all areas of responsibility. Come join an organization that was recently recognized as one of the “50 Best Non-Profits to Work For” by The Nonprofit Times and as the winner of the Nonprofit Excellence Award – Silver Prize for Overall Management Excellence by the Nonprofit Coordinating Committee of New York.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support the day-to-day operations of the site to ensure youth participate in activities safely, on
- schedule and with adequate supplies and services;
- Communicate program news and information to program participants, parents and staff;
- Manage enrollment and recruitment strategies;
- Track supply orders and site budget;
- Utilize attendance tracking tools and drive efforts to ensure youth attendance goals are satisfied;
- Additional administrative duties as needed.
- At least 2 years previous operations and administrative experience;
- High school diploma or equivalent required, college enrollment or degree, preferred;
- Demonstrated proficiency in utilizing Microsoft applications and attendance tracking software;
- Outstanding organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple responsibilities;
- Proven record of success in project management;
- Ability to uphold, promote and model youth development principles;
- Strong oral and written communication skills and presentation skills;
- Belief in the outcomes of the DREAM List, including the importance of social emotional competency
- and advocacy for self and others;
- Ability to read and write in Spanish and fluency in spoken Spanish is preferred.
Middle School Hours
- After-School: generally, 2:30-6:30pm Monday-Thursday AND 11:30-5:30pm on Friday.
- Late September 2019-late June 2020
DREAM provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees.