Director of Talent Operations
East Harlem- Network /
Shared Services /
DREAM (formerly known as DREAM Charter School and Harlem RBI), is an innovative educational and youth development organization, serving over 2,500 East Harlem and South Bronx youth by providing free, high-quality summer and after-school programs to youth ages 5-22 years in an intensive multi-year commitment that connects youth and families to age-appropriate programs and passionate professional staff over time.
DREAM (formerly known as Harlem RBI), an innovative educational and youth development organization, is seeking a dynamic individual to serve as our Director of Talent Operations. Reporting to the Chief Talent Officer (CTO) and collaborating closely with the Chief Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Officer (CDEIO), Director of Recruitment and Selection, and Director of Employee Relations, the ideal candidate is a strategic and data-driven talent leader who has a desire to make an impact within a growing organization. The Director of Talent Operations is primarily responsible for collaboratively creating and enhancing the tools, systems, data cycles and processes within the organization to ensure we are able to attract, develop and retain excellent staff at DREAM. Additionally, this role ensures that the operations on the talent team itself are in sync, optimized, and oriented towards DREAM’s employee life cycle. An ideal candidate would support the overall functioning of DREAM’s talent team and talent capabilities and in turn support the enhancement of the organization’s effectiveness and impact. Like all DREAM employees, the Director of Talent Operations should demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission and values of DREAM and should have substantial expertise in all areas of responsibility with an unwavering belief that the continual learning and development of an organization’s people is central to reaching DREAM’s mission.
People Analytics/Talent Data:
- Collaborate directly with the Chief Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer to ensure that DREAM’s talent and DEI data and strategies are aligned;
- Oversee the administration, creation and distribution of reports and ongoing enhancements to the organization’s staff surveys, including but not limited to the annual DEI staff experience survey and Gallup survey;
- Drive the process to select an HRIS and oversee ongoing implementation to drive organization-wide strategy;
- Create and lead the team-wide data processes related to the talent team’s shared goals - including DEI goals - and core functions by facilitating the planning of the data cycles and creation of supporting reports;
- Collaborate with shared service leaders to support the development of a talent dashboard and other data-informed processes that can help drive talent-specific decision making across the organization;
- Create and oversee the exit interview process and the collection, coding and distribution of trends and insights;
- Use analysis of talent-related data and trends to support the development of strategy, projections, and workforce planning.
- Talent OperationsBuild and oversee DREAM’s talent operations team by ensuring the key functions of talent operations, performance management, and people analytics are systematized and continuously improved;
- Build and oversee talent systems and processes related to COVID;
- Support the talent team with integrating operations for talent across the team and with internal partners with a goal of ensuring the employee life-cycle is geared towards employee engagement;
- Oversee the day-to-day business functions of the talent team including managing budget processes, ensuring collaborative systems are in place, ensuring the team’s technological platforms are functioning;
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and continual improvement in operations;
- Support with the rhythms and rituals on the talent team and the strategic calendar;
- Take on additional responsibilities within talent operations or in support of the overall success of the team as assigned.
- Support the CTO, CDEIO, and talent team in developing an integrated strategy and integrated goals focused on the employee lifecycle and that are aligned with the organization’s strategic initiatives and broad objectives;
- Propose the creation of new systems and processes to streamline data systems and operations;
- Identify areas of development for the talent team and provide recommendations and resources for how to deepen capacity on the team in order to more effectively reach its goals;
- Manage strategic talent team projects or initiatives;Research, perform benchmarking, analyze data, and make recommendations for strategic initiatives related to talent.
- Bachelors degree required;
- Demonstrated track record of success in systems creation, adoption, execution and ongoing enhancement;
- Strong diagnostic and analytical abilities with data analysis and data visualization experience;
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and management in a written, visual and verbal format;
- Leadership experience in education, youth development, or the non-profit field strongly preferred;
- Highly organized with project management and project planning expertise, as well as experience with databases and project management software;
- Experience and success working in collaborative environments across multiple teams and functions;
- Strong leadership skills with ability to integrate big picture organizational objectives and departmental objectives while building capacity in direct reports and collaborators.
- Compensation:Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. All full-time employees receive an excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, a 403B retirement account, life insurance, twenty days paid vacation per year and access to a full range of social services through our Employee Assistance Program.
All Kids Can. This Kid Can.
DREAM is Family.
Fun is a Serious Value.
Teamwork Makes the DREAM Work.
Fail. Persist. Exceed.
DREAM provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees.