East Harlem: PK-8
DREAM Charter Schools
Part-Time and Seasonal
DREAM Charter School is a part of DREAM (formerly known as DREAM Charter School and Harlem RBI), an innovative educational and youth development organization serving over 2,500 East Harlem and South Bronx youth by providing free, high-quality summer and after-school programs to youth ages 5-22 years in an intensive multi-year commitment that connects youth and families to age-appropriate programs and passionate professional staff over time.
DREAM is seeking a dynamic individual to serve as a Recess Coach. The ideal candidate will have the opportunity to help offer successful and effective oversight and guidance for all Scholars during recess. Candidates must also understand and value DREAM’s comprehensive approach to youth development and inspire, lead, and motivate DREAM staff to drive outcomes that support youth in recognizing their potential and realizing their dreams.
Like all DREAM employees Recess Coaches should demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission and values of DREAM and should have substantial expertise in all areas of responsibility. Come join an organization that was recently recognized as one of the “50 Best Non-Profits to Work For” by The Nonprofit Times and as the winner of the Nonprofit Excellence Award – Silver Prize for Overall Management Excellence by the Nonprofit Coordinating Committee of New York.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Co-facilitate transition to and from recess;
- Manage behavior during recess to ensure a safe, productive environment;
- Oversee assigned zone;
- Facilitate the transitions to the bathroom, water fountain and nurse, as needed;
- Other duties as required.
- Previous youth development experience;
- Ability to uphold, promote, and model sport based youth development principles;
- CPR/First Aid certification, a plus;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, organization skills and attention to detail.
- Pre- K: Monday- Friday 11:30-12:30
- K-8: Monday-Thursday, 10:45am-1:45pm
- K-8 Friday: 11:00am- 1:00pm
- The school year: late August - late June
DREAM provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees.