[Summer 2020] Professional Development and Training Intern
East Harlem- Network
Volunteers and Interns
Volunteers and Interns
DREAM (formerly known as DREAM Charter School and Harlem RBI), is an innovative educational and youth development organization, serving over 2,500 East Harlem and South Bronx youth by providing free, high-quality summer and after-school programs to youth ages 5-22 years in an intensive multi-year commitment that connects youth and families to age-appropriate programs and passionate professional staff over time.
DREAM is seeking dynamic individuals to serve as PD & Training Intern. The ideal candidate understands and values DREAM’s comprehensive approach to youth development and inspire, lead, and motivate DREAM staff to drive outcomes that support youth in recognizing their potential and realizing their dreams.
Like all DREAM staff members PD & Training Intern should demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission and values of DREAM and should have substantial expertise in all areas of responsibility. Come join an organization that has been recognized as one of the “50 Best Non-Profits to Work For” by The Nonprofit Times and as the winner of the Nonprofit Excellence Award – Silver Prize for Overall Management Excellence by the Nonprofit Coordinating Committee of New York.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist with Summer and Fall institute training logistics including space reservation, invitations, facilitation support, and set-up requests;
- Collect and evaluate data, including pre- and post-session questionnaires, facilitator observations and more;
- Work with teams across DREAM to create and automate training sessions using DREAMs learning management system;
- Research and create a library of external trainings;
- Assist with additional talent projects and administrative tasks.
- Hours: Monday- Thursday (Flexible, Min 30 hrs)
- Location: East Harlem
- At least one year completed at an accredited college/university;
- Proficient in all Google Drive functions;
- Microsoft office Excel and PPT are a must Demonstrated experience and comfort working with a technology or database platform;
- Detail oriented and multi-tasker with project management experience and/or experience planning and managing events;
- Strong verbal and written communication; Experience with research, analysis and synthesis of large amounts of data;
- Currently studying or interested in Industrial Organizational Psychology, Human Resources, Training and development, or Adult Education.
Join our 2020 Summer Cohort, as an opportunity to,
1) Enhance professional skills in an inclusive learning environment
2) Engage with DREAM staff and learn about career pathways and professional tools for success
3) Develop and Grow your personal network by meeting new peers
- 10 Week Program ( June 8- August 14). Note, some intern roles are asked to have earlier start dates.
- June On-boarding and Orientation Week.
- Group Events ( Speed Networking, Professional Speaker Panel, Team Outing).
- Intern roles are Unpaid: NYC Metro Card will be provided and course credit/ volunteer credits can be applied.
DREAM provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees.