Senior Manager of Communications & Brand
East Harlem- Network
DREAM (formerly known as DREAM Charter School and Harlem RBI), is an innovative educational and youth development organization, serving over 2,500 East Harlem and South Bronx youth by providing free, high-quality summer and after-school programs to youth ages 5-22 years in an intensive multi-year commitment that connects youth and families to age-appropriate programs and passionate professional staff over time.
DREAM is seeking a strong copywriter and flexible team player to join its Advancement Team as the Senior Manager of Communications & Brand. The ideal candidate will be familiar with both traditional and digital marketing and is looking to work in a fast-paced environment. DREAM’s Advancement Team is comprised of its Communications & Brand, Development, and Special Events teams. They are brand stewards, relationship builders, and experience creators who work internally and externally to strategically advance DREAM’s mission to level the playing field for all children to recognize their potential and realize their dreams. The Senior Manager of Communications & Brand will report to the Director of Communications & Brand.
DREAM has an ambitious 10-year strategic plan that includes raising $20M in annual operational support and an additional $50M in capital. Combined, these funds will help DREAM reach its goal of expanding to serve 2,500 students in New York City through its PreK-12 schools. DREAM’s fundraising efforts enable it to provide an extended-day, extended-year school model that is focused on the whole child and is transforming lives.
Like all DREAM employees, the Senior Manager of Communications & Brand should demonstrate a strong commitment to DREAM’s mission and Maxims. Come join an organization that was recognized as one of the “50 Best Nonprofits to Work For” by The Nonprofit Times and as the winner of the Nonprofit Excellence Award – Silver Prize for Overall Management Excellence by the Nonprofit Coordinating Committee of New York.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop communication strategies that effectively reach and engage DREAM’s key stakeholders through various channels and platforms;
- Create messaging and collateral for various organizational initiatives, including the Annual Report, speaker talking points, brochures, fact sheets, opinion pieces, and other needs;
- Ensure that the DREAM narrative remains consistent across all stakeholder touch points;
- Manage DREAM’s communications content calendar, keeping track of the team’s fundraising, internal, and external projects;
- Collaborate with the Special Events team on event branding and oversee the Special Events & Communications Coordinator in partnership with the Senior Manager of Special Events;
- Provide marketing support to DREAM’s schools to support effective student recruitment across our locations;
- Manage the Campaigns Committee of DREAM’s junior board, supporting initiatives like crowdfunding campaigns and other one-off solicitations;
- Manage relationships with external contractors, including designers, printers, filmmakers, and photographers;
- Streamline internal requests from various departments to develop and approve materials with adherence to DREAM’s brand and style guide;
- Support and manage other Communications & Brand team projects, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience;
- 5-7 years of previous marketing and/or communications experience;
- Superior writing and editing skills;
- Deep understanding of and appreciation for quality, accuracy and aesthetic details;
- Strong interpersonal skills to ably serve as a DREAM ambassador internally and externally;
- Dependability and excellent organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple priorities at once, change direction as needed, and thrive in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent computer skills, including mastery of all MS Office products;
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite, Wordpress, and email marketing platforms like Salesforce Marketing Cloud a plus;
- Demonstrated commitment to the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion;
- A team player mindset is a must!
- Salary is highly competitive and commensurate with experience. All full-time employees receive an excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, a 403(B) retirement account, life insurance, twenty days paid vacation per year and access to a full range of social services through our Employee Assistance Program.
- Normal business hours with some evening and weekend hours, as needed. DREAM provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees.
DREAM provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees.