[Summer 2020] Field Supervisor
Out of School Time
Part-Time and Seasonal
DREAM (formerly known as DREAM Charter School and Harlem RBI), is an innovative educational and youth development organization, serving over 2,500 East Harlem and South Bronx youth by providing free, high-quality summer and after-school programs to youth ages 5-22 years in an intensive multi-year commitment that connects youth and families to age-appropriate programs and passionate professional staff over time.
Like all DREAM employees, the Field Supervisors should demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission and values of DREAM and should have substantial expertise in all areas of responsibility.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist with development and implementation of youth baseball and softball program practices;
- Lead morning huddles with their team, debriefing from the previous days programming and upcoming program events;
- Have complete oversight for baseball and softball programming;
- Monitoring of youth during practices and games;
- Supervisors are required to attend and co-facilitate meetings with: High school coaches (daily) College coaches(twice a week);
- Aide in carrying out the participant assessments, RKS draft, All Star and Championship day and Co-Manage All Star teams (Only Robinson).Responsible for ensuring all playing surfaces are safe on a daily basis and for filing incident reports;
- Collaborate with program leadership and the baseball and softball staff to effectively integrate and continuously improve baseball and softball programming;
- Model and encourage positive youth behaviors and promote DREAM’s mission, values and organizational policies to all staff, participants and stakeholders;
- Participating in training, professional development and tactical meetings;
- Serve as liaison between program staff and baseball/softball staff;
- Other duties as required.
- Experience working in sports-based youth development;
- Demonstrated strength as a baseball or softball coach (experience in both baseball and softball preferred);
- Experience supervising more than a staff of 10 beneficial but not required.Experience in summer youth program planning and development;
- Ability to uphold, promote, and model youth development principles;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, organization skills and attention to detail;
- Skilled problem-solver and self-starter;
- Bilingual (English/Spanish), a plus.
- 30 hours of training prior to first day of camp26 hours per week, with an average of 5 hours per shift served sometime between 8am and 5pm;
- Must be able to commit to 4 days a week (Mon-Thurs) for the 6 week duration of summer
June 8th 2020
All kids can, this kid can.
DREAM IS FAMILY.
Fun is a serious value.
FAIL. PERSIST. EXCEED.
DREAM provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees.