Director of Talent Operations and Employee Relations
East Harlem- Network
DREAM (formerly known as DREAM Charter School and Harlem RBI), is an innovative educational and youth development organization, serving over 2,500 East Harlem and South Bronx youth by providing free, high-quality summer and after-school programs to youth ages 5-22 years in an intensive multi-year commitment that connects youth and families to age-appropriate programs and passionate professional staff over time.
DREAM (formerly known as Harlem RBI), an innovative educational and youth development organization, is seeking a dynamic individual to serve as our Director of Talent Operations and Employee Relations. Reporting to the Chief Talent Officer and playing a key role on the Talent Leadership Team , the ideal candidate is a strategic and development-minded talent leader who has a desire to make an impact within a growing organization. The Director of Talent Operations and Employee Relations is primarily responsible for collaboratively creating and enhancing the tools, systems, data cycles and processes within the organization to drive performance management as well as ensuring that the operations on the talent team itself are in sync, optimized and oriented towards DREAM’s employee life cycle and to ensure employees have what they need to be successful. An ideal candidate would support the overall functioning of DREAM’s talent team and talent capabilities and in turn support the enhancement of the organization’s effectiveness and impact.
Like all DREAM employees, the Director of Talent Operations and Employee Relations should demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission and values of DREAM and should have substantial expertise in all areas of responsibility with an unwavering belief that the continual learning and development of an organization’s people is central to reaching DREAM’s mission.
- Oversee DREAM’s talent operations team by ensuring the key functions of talent operations, performance management, and people analytics are systematized, continuously improved;
- Support the CTO and talent leadership team in developing an integrated strategy and integrated goals focused on the employee lifecycle;
- Support the talent operations team in with integrating operations for talent across the team and with internal partners with a goal of ensuring the employee life-cycle is geared towards employee engagement;
- Oversee the day-to-day business functions of the Talent Development Team, including budget, bills, and org chart updates.
Performance Management & Employee Relations
- Lead performance management initiatives at result in employee performance, accountability, feedback, engagement and support;
- Lead collaborative processes to improve and optimize performance management practices and systems throughout the organization using data and input from participants and managers;
- Support the development of a culture where all managers and direct reports feel invested in the annual performance management cycles;
- Lead and continuously improve the goal-setting process, talent reviews, 360s and annual year-end reviews;
- Support managers in addressing low-performing employees including progressive discipline (occasionally liaising with external counsel), retaining key employees and rewarding positive results and behaviors;
- Support employee relations by acting as a resource and coach to staff in addressing challenges in their work, with interpersonal issues, career development, etc. by keeping the organization’s mission and maxims in mind at all times.
People Analytics/Talent Data
- Oversee the administration, creation and distribution of reports and ongoing enhancements to the organization’s staff survey;
- Oversee the exit interview process and the collection, coding and distribution of trends and insights;
- Supervise and lead the team-wide data processes related to the team’s shared goals by facilitating the planning of the data cycles and supporting reportsCollaborate with shared service leaders to support the development of a talent dashboard and other data-informed processes;
- Use analysis of talent-related data and trends to support the development of strategy, projections, and workforce planning.
- Bachelors degree required and a masters in a related field preferred;Human resources experience and certification preferred, experience with employee relations a must;
- Demonstrated track record of success in systems creation, adoption, execution and ongoing enhancement;
- Extensive experience in the not for profit field in leadership roles, experience in the education or youth development field strongly preferred;
- Highly organized with project management and project planning expertise as well as experience with databases and project management software;
- Experience and success working in collaborative environments across multiple teams and functions;
- Prior successful experience designing, implementing and/or refining performance management systems required and experience in human resources management a plus;
- Strong leadership skills with ability to integrate big picture organizational objectives and departmental objectives;
- Strong diagnostic and analytical abilities with data analysis and data visualization experience;
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and management in both written and verbal format.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. All full-time employees receive an excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, a 403B retirement account, life insurance, twenty days paid vacation per year and access to a full range of social services through our Employee Assistance Program.
DREAM provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees.