Test Prep Instructor for Middle School
East Harlem: PK-8
DREAM Charter Schools
Part-Time and Seasonal
DREAM Charter School is a part of DREAM (formerly known as DREAM Charter School and Harlem RBI), an innovative educational and youth development organization serving over 2,500 East Harlem and South Bronx youth by providing free, high-quality summer and after-school programs to youth ages 5-22 years in an intensive multi-year commitment that connects youth and families to age-appropriate programs and passionate professional staff over time.
DREAM is seeking paid instructors to provide SHSAT preparation and test taking strategies to our middle school students. Instructors develop exam preparation curriculum and lead weekly sessions with middle school youth. The ideal candidate is passionate about youth development, has a strong command of the SHSAT exam and has prior tutoring and/or teaching experience.
Like all DREAM employees, the SHSAT Prep Instructor should demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission and values of DREAM and should have substantial expertise in all areas of responsibility. Come join an organization that was recently recognized as one of the “50 Best Non-Profits to Work For” by The Nonprofit Times and as the winner of the Nonprofit Excellence Award – Silver Prize for Overall Management Excellence by the Nonprofit Coordinating Committee of New York.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead weekly SHSAT Prep sessions;
- Create curriculum and session plans for participants to understand the structure of the exam and key test taking strategies;
- Facilitate diagnostic and summative practice SHSAT exams;
- Analyze diagnostic data and plan sessions based on data trends;
- Serve as a positive role model;
- Celebrate success and progress of youth.
- Strong content area knowledge of the SHSAT exam and testing strategies;
- Previous tutoring/teaching experience with middle or high school students required;
- College degree.
- September – Mid-November: Monday-Thursday 8:30-9:05 am (with additional planning hours)
DREAM provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees.