[Spring 2020] HR Database Intern
East Harlem- Network
Volunteers and Interns
Volunteers and Interns
DREAM (formerly known as DREAM Charter School and Harlem RBI), is an innovative educational and youth development organization, serving over 2,500 East Harlem and South Bronx youth by providing free, high-quality summer and after-school programs to youth ages 5-22 years in an intensive multi-year commitment that connects youth and families to age-appropriate programs and passionate professional staff over time.
DREAM wouldn’t exist without volunteers. In 1991, it was volunteers who transformed an abandoned, garbage-strewn parking lot into two baseball diamonds for East Harlem youth, ultimately founding Harlem RBI. Today volunteers still form the backbone of DREAM, which relies on a diverse corps of over 100 volunteers in a range of positions to run its award-winning programs. The Volunteer Relations team is at the heart of this effort - recruiting, retaining, and recognizing the volunteers who make a real difference every day in the lives of the youth at DREAM.
DREAM is seeking a dynamic individual to serve as a HR Database Intern. The ideal candidate understands and values DREAM’s comprehensive approach to youth development and inspire, lead, and motivate DREAM staff to drive outcomes that support youth in recognizing their potential and realizing their dreams.
Like all DREAM staff members the HR Database Intern should demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission and values of DREAM and should have substantial expertise in all areas of responsibility. Come join an organization that has been recognized as one of the “50 Best Non-Profits to Work For” by The Nonprofit Times and as the winner of the Nonprofit Excellence Award – Silver Prize for Overall Management Excellence by the Nonprofit Coordinating Committee of New York.
- Support in the four stages of the Volunteer Life Cycle (Recruitment, On-boarding & HR, Training and Evaluation & Recognition)
- Support in crafting and executing the 2020 Volunteer Appreciation Week Campaign
- Assist with networking and recognition event planning and logistics.
- Support in Volunteer Database Launch Project
- Other duties as assigned.
- HOURS: 15- 20 per week (Some Flexibility). Ideally Feb-June
- LOCATION: East Harlem
- Enrolled in an undergraduate or masters program
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Professional and positive demeanor, both in-person and over the phone
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Suite and Google Suite)
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills with an acute eye for detail
- Ability to work independently as well part of a team
- Demonstrated commitment to volunteerism
- Ability to manage many projects simultaneously
- Sense of humor, Interest in working in an organization that focuses on social impact
This internship is designed to give the student a hands-on experience in areas of:
- Volunteer Program Administration
- Project Management
- Leadership and Team Collaboration
- Database management
Intern role is Unpaid: NYC Metro Card will be provided and course credit/ volunteer credits can be applied.
DREAM provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees.