[Summer 2020] Middle School Baseball/Softball Coach
East Harlem- OST
Out of School Time
Part-Time and Seasonal
DREAM (formerly known as DREAM Charter School and Harlem RBI), is an innovative educational and youth development organization, serving over 2,500 East Harlem and South Bronx youth by providing free, high-quality summer and after-school programs to youth ages 5-22 years in an intensive multi-year commitment that connects youth and families to age-appropriate programs and passionate professional staff over time.
Like all DREAM employees, the Real Kids After School Baseball and Softball Coaches should demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission and values of DREAM and should have substantial expertise in all areas of responsibility.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist with development and implementation of youth fitness program practices;
- Organize and assist in coaching fitness activities for teams of K-6 aged students;
- Collaborate on in-season and off-season curriculum for baseball and softball teams;
- Assist with attendance recording and monitoring of youth during practices and games;
- Supervise and manage team and individual behavior at all times using positive discipline techniques and pro-active interventions to ensure the physical and emotional safety of all youth;
- Collaborate with program leadership and the baseball and softball staff to effectively integrate and continuously improve baseball and softball programming;
- Model and encourage positive youth behaviors and promote DREAM’s mission, values and organizational policies to all staff, participants and stakeholders;
- Participating in training, professional development and tactical meetings;
- Serve as liaison between program staff and baseball/softball staff;
- Other duties as required.
- Experience working in sports-based youth development;
- Demonstrated strength as a fitness instructor and/or baseball or softball coach;
- Experience in after-school and/or summer youth program planning and development;
- Ability to uphold, promote, and model youth development principles;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, organization skills and attention to detail;Skilled problem-solver and self-starter;
- Bilingual (English/Spanish), a plus.
The summer season commitment is from June 22nd-August 14th. Hours are Monday – Thursday from 8:00am-5:15pm and Friday from 8:00am-3:15pm.
Summer Day Camp Group Leaders earn an hourly wage starting at $16/hour.
Positions are available in East Harlem and the South Bronx.
All kids can, this kid can.
DREAM IS FAMILY.
Fun is a serious value.
FAIL. PERSIST. EXCEED.
DREAM provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees.