Director of Data and Assessment
East Harlem /
Network – Network /
DREAM (formerly known as DREAM Charter School and Harlem RBI), is an innovative educational and youth development organization, serving over 2,500 East Harlem and South Bronx youth by providing free, high-quality summer and after-school programs to youth ages 5-22 years in an intensive multi-year commitment that connects youth and families to age-appropriate programs and passionate professional staff over time.
DREAM is seeking a dynamic individual to serve as Director of Data and Assessment for its network of rigorous PK-12 public charter schools and out of school time programs. Reporting to the Managing Director of Educational Strategy and Data, the Director of Data and Assessment is responsible for overseeing all data collection, management, reporting, and analysis for DREAM’s schools and programs. The ideal candidate is a results-oriented team player who is willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done through proactive problem-solving and the ability to adapt to changing and challenging circumstances. They demonstrate eagerness for continuous personal development, possess outstanding project management skills, and have a demonstrated ability to build trusting and collaborative relationships with staff at all levels. This is an exciting opportunity to drive long-lasting impact in a growing organization.
Like all DREAM employees, the Director of Data and Assessment, should demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission and values of DREAM and should have substantial expertise in all areas of responsibility. Candidates must also understand and value DREAM’s comprehensive approach to school, youth development and desire to make a lasting impact in underserved communities, while contributing to the expansion of a dynamic organization.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead the data team through weekly coaching, professional development, and process creation and oversight;
- Work with the Managing Director to create and continuously improve a comprehensive strategy for collecting, managing, and using data;
- Develop, maintain, and disseminate role-specific training for all staff members on utilizing data systems, tools, and reports;
- Collaborate with school and program leaders to develop and implement data cycles that drive continuous improvement;
- Data Collection:
- Oversee and support the entire test administration process for all DREAM assessments to ensure that testing procedures are routine and include smooth, efficient distribution and collection of materials;
- Oversee and support the administration of internal and external student, staff, and family surveys;
- Data Management:
- Manage DREAM’s student information system and other databases by implementing clear protocols to ensure data quality;
- Oversee staff execution of data entry to ensure we accurately track information that reflects school and program operations, key performance metrics, and outcome data;
- Optimize database systems and serve as point of contact with 3rd-party database vendors regarding development and technical support;
- Data Reporting & Analysis:
- Lead the design, development, and management of report and dashboard solutions to ensure that DREAM staff at all levels of the organization have the information they need to make effective decisions;
- Provide additional data reporting and analysis as needed for external accountability, compliance, or development tasks;
- Develop the data and evaluation support needed for strategic initiatives including expansion, DREAM's Grow the Whole Child model, and DREAM's Teacher Career Pathway.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; relevant Master’s degree preferred;
- At least five years of relevant professional work experience;
- Experience working in a K-12 education setting;
- Demonstrated success managing a team and/or multiple complex projects;
- Expert fluency with Microsoft Excel;
- Experience managing data systems and processes and analyzing data with exceptional accuracy and attention to detail;
- Strong quantitative and technology skills with demonstrated ability to quickly learn new systems;
- Experience with statistical software, data visualization, and/or programming languages (e.g., SQL, R, Python) preferred.
- Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. All full-time employees receive an excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, a 403B retirement account, life insurance, and twenty days paid vacation per year.
All Kids Can. This Kid Can.
DREAM is Family.
Fun is a Serious Value.
Teamwork Makes the DREAM Work.
Fail. Persist. Exceed.
DREAM provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees.