[Summer 2020] Social Work Intern
East Harlem- OST
Volunteers and Interns
Volunteers and Interns
DREAM (formerly known as DREAM Charter School and Harlem RBI), is an innovative educational and youth development organization, serving over 2,500 East Harlem and South Bronx youth by providing free, high-quality summer and after-school programs to youth ages 5-22 years in an intensive multi-year commitment that connects youth and families to age-appropriate programs and passionate professional staff over time.
DREAM is seeking dynamic individual to serve as a Social Work Intern. The ideal candidate understands and values DREAM’s comprehensive approach to youth development and inspire, lead, and motivate DREAM staff to drive outcomes that support youth in recognizing their potential and realizing their dreams.
Like all DREAM staff members the Social Work Intern should demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission and values of DREAM and should have substantial expertise in all areas of responsibility. Come join an organization that has been recognized as one of the “50 Best Non-Profits to Work For” by The Nonprofit Times and as the winner of the Nonprofit Excellence Award – Silver Prize for Overall Management Excellence by the Nonprofit Coordinating Committee of New York.
- Provide ongoing support for large number of youth at DREAM's Robinson Day Camp
- Complete strengths- based psychological assessments with incoming youth and caregivers; follow up with resources and referrals
- Design curriculum and facilitate social work group for youth outcomes through program
- Collaborate with and train staff on behavior management techniques and other strategies to support youth
- Comply with administrative specific duties in a timely manner
- Hours: Monday – Friday 8am- 3pm (Some flexibility, Min 30hrs)
- Location: East Harlem
Join our 2020 Summer Cohort, as an opportunity to,
1) Enhance professional skills in an inclusive learning environment
2) Engage with DREAM staff and learn about career pathways and professional tools for success
3) Develop and Grow your personal network by meeting new peers
- 10 Week Program ( June 8- August 14). Note, some intern roles are asked to have earlier start dates.
- June On-boarding and Orientation Week.
- Group Events (Speed Networking, Professional Speaker Panel, Team Outing).
- Intern roles are Unpaid: NYC Metro Card will be provided and course credit/ volunteer credits can be applied.
DREAM provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees.