[Summer 2020] Finance and Business Strategy Intern
East Harlem- Network
Volunteers and Interns
Volunteers and Interns
DREAM (formerly known as DREAM Charter School and Harlem RBI), is an innovative educational and youth development organization, serving over 2,500 East Harlem and South Bronx youth by providing free, high-quality summer and after-school programs to youth ages 5-22 years in an intensive multi-year commitment that connects youth and families to age-appropriate programs and passionate professional staff over time.
DREAM is seeking a dynamic individual to serve as the Finance and Business Strategy Intern. The ideal candidate understands and values DREAM’s comprehensive approach to youth development and inspire, lead, and motivate DREAM staff to drive outcomes that support youth in recognizing their potential and realizing their dreams.
Like all DREAM staff members Finance and Business Strategy Intern should demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission and values of DREAM and should have substantial expertise in all areas of responsibility. Come join an organization that has been recognized as one of the “50 Best Non-Profits to Work For” by The Nonprofit Times and as the winner of the Nonprofit Excellence Award – Silver Prize for Overall Management Excellence by the Nonprofit Coordinating Committee of New York.
- Assist with preparation of monthly financial statements by pulling data from accounting software (Fund E-Z), analyzing year-to-date actuals, and forecasting year-end revenues and expenses
- Maintain updates to financial models including cash flow projections, expense forecasting on departmental level, and budget to actual variance analyses
- Assist with FY21 organizational budgeting process
- Ad-hoc strategic and financial analyses as needed by organizational leadership
- Example of project completed by previous summer intern: creation of a budget tracking tool to track areas of the organization being funded by a grant to highlight major programmatic elements that can be targeted for private institutional funding
- Student at 2 or 4-year accredited institution;
- Strong attention to details and excel experience;
- Prior experience in financial analysis/working with financial statements a plus
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team;
- Exceptional attention to detail;
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills;Flexible;
- Attentive to detail and accuracy.
- Interest in social impact programs
Join our 2020 Summer Cohort, as an opportunity to,
1) Enhance professional skills in an inclusive learning environment
2) Engage with DREAM staff and learn about career pathways and professional tools for success
3) Develop and Grow your personal network by meeting new peers
- 10 Week Program ( June 8- August 14). Note, some intern roles are asked to have earlier start dates.
- June On-boarding and Orientation Week.
- Group Events ( Speed Networking, Professional Speaker Panel, Team Outing).
- Intern roles are Unpaid: NYC Metro Card will be provided and course credit/ volunteer credits can be applied.
DREAM provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees.