Major Gifts Coordinator
East Harlem- Network
DREAM (formerly known as DREAM Charter School and Harlem RBI), is an innovative educational and youth development organization, serving over 2,500 East Harlem and South Bronx youth by providing free, high-quality summer and after-school programs to youth ages 5-22 years in an intensive multi-year commitment that connects youth and families to age-appropriate programs and passionate professional staff over time.
It is an exciting time to join DREAM's growing Advancement (formerly known as Development) Team, which is tasked with raising funds to scale the organization over the next 10 years - enabling it to serve an additional 1,000 students in New York City through its extended-day, extended-year PreK-12 schools (for a combined total of 3,500 youth served in DREAM's schools and summer programs in East Harlem, the South Bronx, and Newark, NJ.) In addition to an operational raise of ~$17M, this year the team is embarking on an unprecedented $50M Capital Campaign to support the opening of DREAM’s second permanent school, which will be the home of 1300 Pre-K-12th grade DREAM scholars in the South Bronx and is being designed by a world-renowned architect. The Capital Campaign is an ambitious undertaking, but a game-changing moment in DREAM's history and a career-defining opportunity for fundraising professionals!
The Major Gifts Coordinator will provide support in implementing a successful major gifts strategy, stewardship program and launch and operations of a capital campaign. The Major Gifts Coordinator will work closely with other members of the Advancement team to develop internal and external relationships and secure support from mid to high-level donors. The Major Gifts Coordinator will ensure that all donor-related systems, processes and activities are documented in DREAM's donor database, Salesforce.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Working with the Director of Development and Corporate Partnerships Manager, assist with managing a portfolio of approximately 50 individual and/or corporate donors
- Solicit and support fundraising for DREAM’s three major events and other campaigns including the launch and operations of a new Capital Campaign
- Prepare donor briefings for meetings and/or events along with conducting prospective donor research
- Collaborate with Senior Coordinator of Advancement Operations to develop new and improve existing systems and processes to accurately maintain records of contributions, contact details and other relevant donor/prospect information
- Support the tracking of donor activity and prospecting efforts in Salesforce
- Collaborate with the Communications team to help create stewardship materials for all donor levels
- Create proposals and presentations for key audiences (i.e. presentations for donors)
- In collaboration with the Major Gifts team and Talent team, assist with planning and execution of individual and group volunteer activities
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or 2-3 years of non-profit or professional experience;
- Strong written, verbal and presentation communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with various stakeholders in a fast-paced environment;
- Exceptionally organized with meticulous attention to detail;
- Excellent time-management skills: a self-starter who demonstrates initiative and follow-through;
- Demonstrated success in juggling multiple projects and competing priorities to achieve all deadlines;
- Experience with fundraising software such as Salesforce or comparable program a plus;
- A team player mindset is a must!
- Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. All full-time employees receive an excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, a 403B retirement account, life insurance, twenty days paid vacation per year and access to a full range of social services through our Employee Assistance Program.
DREAM provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees.