Food Distribution Support Staff (East Harlem)
East Harlem- OST /
Out of School Time /
Part-Time and Seasonal
DREAM (formerly known as DREAM Charter School and Harlem RBI), is an innovative educational and youth development organization, serving over 2,500 East Harlem and South Bronx youth by providing free, high-quality summer and after-school programs to youth ages 5-22 years in an intensive multi-year commitment that connects youth and families to age-appropriate programs and passionate professional staff over time.
Dream has partnered with Katzman Produce to provide fresh fruits and vegetables to families served by DREAM in East Harlem and South Bronx. Katzman Produce has generously donated over $80K worth of fruits and vegetables to feed over 300 families every single week since April during the COVID-19 pandemic.
DREAM is currently seeking additional support with food distribution in the South Bronx. This crew member will support packing, organizing, and distributing bags of produce to DREAM families.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the food distribution crew to ensure a safe and cohesive process for packing produce;
- Work in an assembly line style to pack produce available for the day;
- Support with the organization and distribution of bags of produce;
- Support with breakdown each day, including removal of boxes.
- Ability to work every Wednesday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Ability to lift up to 15 pounds
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Team player orientation
- Strong work ethic, including timeliness and willingness to consistently abide by safety regulations
- All staff entering the building will be asked to submit a wellness form daily to ensure the safety of others;
- All staff is required to wear a mask and gloves (both are available on-site, as needed) the entire time they are inside the building with the exception of eating or drinking in designated areas;
- Disposable face shields, disinfecting spray and hand sanitizer are on hand for use as well;
- Do not go into the food distribution crowd without permission. The Family Engagement team will be responsible for line management and connecting with DREAM families onsite.
Hours & Location
- Location: East Harlem (1960 First Avenue, New York, NY)
- Days and Hours: Wednesdays, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Start date: ASAP
All Kids Can. This Kid Can.
DREAM is Family.
Fun is a Serious Value.
Teamwork Makes the DREAM Work.
Fail. Persist. Exceed.
DREAM provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees.