[Summer 2020] School Leadership Support Intern
East Harlem: PK-8
Volunteers and Interns
Volunteers and Interns
DREAM (formerly known as DREAM Charter School and Harlem RBI), is an innovative educational and youth development organization, serving over 2,500 East Harlem and South Bronx youth by providing free, high-quality summer and after-school programs to youth ages 5-22 years in an intensive multi-year commitment that connects youth and families to age-appropriate programs and passionate professional staff over time.
DREAM is seeking dynamic individuals to serve as School Leadership Support Interns. The ideal candidate understands and values DREAM’s comprehensive approach to youth development and inspire, lead, and motivate DREAM staff to drive outcomes that support youth in recognizing their potential and realizing their dreams.
Like all DREAM staff members School Leadership Support Interns should demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission and values of DREAM and should have substantial expertise in all areas of responsibility. Come join an organization that has been recognized as one of the “50 Best Non-Profits to Work For” by The Nonprofit Times and as the winner of the Nonprofit Excellence Award – Silver Prize for Overall Management Excellence by the Nonprofit Coordinating Committee of New York.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Supporting Principal/ School Leader on major projects and initiative around emotional learning curriculum;
- Curricular codification
- Formatting of documents to be professional and concise,
- Manage and organize instructional materials to ensure efficiency in distribution;
- Support individual and groups of youth and chaperone field trips, as needed.
- Prepping for the school year Supporting in the organization of the MS suite DREAM Charter School Staff Summer Institute
- Event Planning experience a plus
- Hours: Monday – Thursday (Flexible Hours, Min 30)
- Location: East Harlem
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a self-starter and have excellent interpersonal skills
- Competency in Google Suite and word processing
- Able to perform duties promptly and professionally with accuracy and confidentiality
Join our 2020 Summer Cohort, as an opportunity to,
1) Enhance professional skills in an inclusive learning environment
2) Engage with DREAM staff and learn about career pathways and professional tools for success
3) Develop and Grow your personal network by meeting new peers
- 10 Week Program ( June 8- August 14). Note, some intern roles are asked to have earlier start dates.
- June On-boarding and Orientation Week.
- Group Events (Speed Networking, Professional Speaker Panel, Team Outing).
- Intern roles are Unpaid: NYC Metro Card will be provided and course credit/ volunteer credits can be applied.
DREAM provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees.