Major Gifts Officer
East Harlem- Network
DREAM (formerly known as DREAM Charter School and Harlem RBI), is an innovative educational and youth development organization, serving over 2,500 East Harlem and South Bronx youth by providing free, high-quality summer and after-school programs to youth ages 5-22 years in an intensive multi-year commitment that connects youth and families to age-appropriate programs and passionate professional staff over time.
DREAM is seeking a dynamic individual to serve as a Major Gifts Officer. Reporting to the Director of Development the ideal candidate will support in creating and implementing a successful major gifts strategy, manage relationships and secure support from high-level donors and ensure that the strategy is well integrated into the existing donor activities on the development team. Candidates must also understand and value DREAM’s comprehensive approach to youth development and inspire, lead, and motivate DREAM staff to drive outcomes that support youth in recognizing their potential and realizing their dreams.
Like all DREAM employees Major Gifts Officer should demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission and values of DREAM and should have substantial expertise in all areas of responsibility. Come join an organization that was recently recognized as one of the “50 Best Non-Profits to Work For” by The Nonprofit Times.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage a portfolio of 100-150 donors to meet annual fundraising goals
- Move lower level donors up the donor ladder through smart moves management strategy
- Develop relationships with prospects and existing donors by initiating contact, strategizing the best approach for making an appropriate ask, developing cultivation and stewardship strategies, involving key members of leadership, completing necessary follow-up in a timely manner and ensuring effective recognition of major donors
- Solicit and help drive fundraising for DREAM’s three major events and other events as needed
- Drive strategy and fundraising for various campaigns throughout the year including building a peer-to-peer fundraising strategy and collaborate with Development Coordinator and Communications team on solicitations and stewardship pieces
- Manage a high-performing and engaged young professionals board by stewarding relationships and organizing cultivation strategies. Work to leverage the board’s network in collaboration with Corporate Partnerships Manager
- Build and refine major gifts systems and processes in collaboration with the Director of Development Operations to drive fundraising strategy and accomplish department goals
- Work collaboratively with Development teammates on prospect research, identifying new giving opportunities, and developing proposals.
- Develop and maintain relationships with program and school staff for various collaborations including coordinating and hosting site visits
- Maintain fundraising database records and track all donor activity in Salesforce. Collaborate with Development teammates on best practices for prospecting, research and reporting.
*Normal business hours with some evening and weekend hours, as needed. Some local travel required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant experience required;
- Minimum 3-5 years of fundraising experience preferably in major giving and development/nonprofit experience required;
- Excellent time-management skills: a self-starter who demonstrates initiative and follow-through;
- Must have excellent writing and interpersonal communication skills;
- Experience with moves management and donor cultivation;
- Exceptionally organized with meticulous attention to detail;
- Team player with a collaborative mindset approach to fundraising;
- Flexible, curious and skilled problem-solver;
- Experience with fundraising software such as Salesforce or comparable program a plus;
- Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. All full-time employees receive an excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, a 403B retirement account, life insurance, twenty days paid vacation per year and access to a full range of social services through our Employee Assistance Program.
DREAM provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees.