Shared Services /
DREAM (formerly known as DREAM Charter School and Harlem RBI), is an innovative educational and youth development organization, serving over 2,500 East Harlem and South Bronx youth by providing free, high-quality summer and after-school programs to youth ages 5-22 years in an intensive multi-year commitment that connects youth and families to age-appropriate programs and passionate professional staff over time.
DREAM is seeking a dynamic individual to serve as an Administrative Coordinator. Reporting to the Senior Director of Facilities and Administration the ideal candidate is skillful at managing various responsibilities with quality and partnering with others to get the job done. They are someone who enjoys working behind the scenes and setting teams up for success. They will be responsible for the staffing and execution of administration and reception support at one of DREAM’s South Bronx or East Harlem locations. Candidates must also understand and value DREAM’s comprehensive approach to youth development and inspire, lead, and motivate DREAM staff to drive outcomes that support youth in recognizing their potential and realizing their dreams.
This role is contingent upon the start of in-person school. We will be in regular communication regarding any changes that may impact this position.
Like all DREAM employees, the Administrative Coordinator should demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission and values of DREAM and should have substantial expertise in all areas of responsibility.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide reception coverage primarily for one of DREAM’s South Bronx or East Harlem locations;
- Assist in the management of vendor contracts, invoice payments and record keeping;
- Assist in the completion of expense reports for the Director of Operations by collecting, filing and organizing receipts and other materials;
- Answer multi-line phone system and forward calls accurately and appropriately;
- Coordinate the intake of the organization’s incoming and outgoing mail (U.S. Postal Service and FedEx);
- Oversee DREAM’s delivery system and arranges for deliveries, as appropriate;
- Collaborate with program staff to ensure accurate database entry and maintenance;
- Distribute payroll checks to staff and maintains accurate records of check distribution;
- Document and forward donation checks appropriately;
- Coordinate ordering of general office supplies;
- Provide additional administrative support (processing check invoices, assisting with department mailings, ordering food, arranging transportation, etc.) as needed;
- Maintain positive relationships with all staff and building tenants;
- Keep the office neat and organized.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least 2 years of administrative experience, preferably in a non-profit setting;
- Bilingual in Spanish/English, preferred;
- Notary Public, a plus;
- Strong commitment to customer service and understanding of the importance of administrative functions to the organization's mission;
- Outstanding dependability, with a commitment to being on-time and prepared;
- Collaborative team-player;
- Solid oral and written communication skills;
- “Whatever it takes” attitude and a willingness to change priorities at a moment’s notice;
- Strong computer skills, including a high degree of proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Deep embodiment of DREAM’s organizational values of teamwork, diversity, integrity and fun.
- DREAM salary is highly competitive and is based on experience and qualifications. All DREAM staff members receive a comprehensive benefits package, including health and dental insurance, a 403(b) retirement account, life insurance and access to social services through our Employee Assistance Program.
All Kids Can. This Kid Can.
DREAM is Family.
Fun is a Serious Value.
Teamwork Makes the DREAM Work.
Fail. Persist. Exceed.
DREAM provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees.