Middle School Flag Football Coach
East Harlem- OST
Out of School Time
Part-Time and Seasonal
DREAM (formerly known as DREAM Charter School and Harlem RBI), is an innovative educational and youth development organization, serving over 2,500 East Harlem and South Bronx youth by providing free, high-quality summer and after-school programs to youth ages 5-22 years in an intensive multi-year commitment that connects youth and families to age-appropriate programs and passionate professional staff over time.
DREAM is seeking a dynamic individual to serve as a Middle School Flag Football Coach. Reporting to the Health & Wellness Coordinator The ideal candidate will have the opportunity to help offer successful and effective instruction and guidance for the DREAM Charter School flag football team. The Flag Football Coach is a key member of the Athletics Health & Wellness and ensures the continued excellence, growth and sustainability of DREAM’s Athletics programs. Candidates must also understand and value DREAM’s comprehensive approach to youth development and inspire, lead, and motivate DREAM staff to drive outcomes that support youth in recognizing their potential and realizing their dreams.
Like all DREAM employees the Middle School Flag Football Coach should demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission and values of DREAM and should have substantial expertise in all areas of responsibility. Come join an organization that was recently recognized as one of the “50 Best Non-Profits to Work For” by The Nonprofit Times and as the winner of the Nonprofit Excellence Award – Silver Prize for Overall Management Excellence by the Nonprofit Coordinating Committee of New York.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Create and submit practice plans;
- Facilitate 2-3 practices per week;
- Manage roster and game strategy on game day;
- Supervise and manage team and individual behavior at all times using positive discipline
- techniques and proactive interventions to ensure the physical and emotional safety of all
- Model sports-like behavior and maintain appropriate conduct towards players, umpires, and
- Model and encourage positive youth behaviors and promote DREAM’s mission, values and
- organizational policies to all staff, participants and stakeholders;
- Other duties as required.
- 2+ years of coaching experience;
- Previous experience playing competitive football at the high school and/or college level;
- An understanding of flag football rules and regulations;
- Ability to uphold, promote, and model sport-based youth development principles;
- CPR/First Aid certification, a plus;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, organization skills and attention to detail.
- Mondays & Wednesdays, 5-6pm and Fridays, 1-3pm.
- Additional hours vary according to scheduled games.
- September 2019-November 2019.
DREAM provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees.