[Summer 2020] Operations Intern
East Harlem- High School
Volunteers and Interns
Volunteers and Interns
DREAM (formerly known as DREAM Charter School and Harlem RBI), is an innovative educational and youth development organization, serving over 2,500 East Harlem and South Bronx youth by providing free, high-quality summer and after-school programs to youth ages 5-22 years in an intensive multi-year commitment that connects youth and families to age-appropriate programs and passionate professional staff over time.
DREAM is seeking dynamic individuals to serve as Operations Intern. The ideal candidate understands and values DREAM’s comprehensive approach to youth development and inspire, lead, and motivate DREAM staff to drive outcomes that support youth in recognizing their potential and realizing their dreams.
Like all DREAM staff members Operations Intern should demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission and values of DREAM and should have substantial expertise in all areas of responsibility. Come join an organization that has been recognized as one of the “50 Best Non-Profits to Work For” by The Nonprofit Times and as the winner of the Nonprofit Excellence Award – Silver Prize for Overall Management Excellence by the Nonprofit Coordinating Committee of New York.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist with high school enrollment process and work with members of operations team to develop and drive strategy to meet enrollment targets for the 2020-2021 school year. This will include tasks such as:
- Creating an electronic file to track students information
- Making phone calls to families Collecting necessary documents to enroll students
- Working with school related online programs such as ATS, School Mint
- Spanish Preferred
- Hours: Monday-Thursdays: 9:00am-4pm/ Fridays- 8am-12pm (Some Flexibility)
- Location: East Harlem
- Must be a student at an accredited 2 or 4-year university;
- Ability to apply a problem- solving approach based on logic and critical thinking;
- Comfortably converse with vendors and other outside stakeholders;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (specifically Word);
- Organize information and design accessible ways to share it;
- Ability to commit to a consistent schedule;
- Customer service skills;Team player;
- Interest in working in an organization that focuses on social impact
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
Join our 2020 Summer Cohort, as an opportunity to,
1) Enhance professional skills in an inclusive learning environment
2) Engage with DREAM staff and learn about career pathways and professional tools for success
3) Develop and Grow your personal network by meeting new peers
- 10 Week Program ( June 8- August 14). Note, some intern roles are asked to have earlier start dates.
- June On-boarding and Orientation Week.
- Group Events (Speed Networking, Professional Speaker Panel, Team Outing).
- Intern roles are Unpaid: NYC Metro Card will be provided and course credit/ volunteer credits can be applied.
DREAM provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees.