East Harlem- OST
Out of School Time
Part-Time and Seasonal
DREAM (formerly known as DREAM Charter School and Harlem RBI), is an innovative educational and youth development organization, serving over 2,500 East Harlem and South Bronx youth by providing free, high-quality summer and after-school programs to youth ages 5-22 years in an intensive multi-year commitment that connects youth and families to age-appropriate programs and passionate professional staff over time.
Youth Academy is an exclusive traveling Baseball/Softball program, who is seeking elite coaches and assistant coaches to work with high school students in practices and tournaments. We would need two Head Coaches and two Assistant Coaches. Coaches can have a direct and meaningful impact on the positive development of the youth they coach. The ideal candidates have played High-level Softball and or have coached college softball. Must be an effective communicator and be able to motivate youth! Must have worked with youth in the past.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Travel will include both daily as well as some overnight tournaments during the Spring, Summer, and Fall.
- Lead practices and facilitate team meetings.
- Provide a positive, team-based environment focused on coaching and softball, skills
- Responsible for the safekeeping and collection of player’s personal documents
- Coordinate practice schedules and tournaments
- Attend 1 weeknight practice and be available for Saturday and Sunday games.
- College or professional experience
- Expertise as a player and or coach
- Vast knowledge in strength and conditioning
- Ability to create a positive, team-based environment focused on developing youth’s softball skills
- Organizational skills, energy and flexibility
- Solid oral communication skills
- Bilingual (Spanish, a plus)
- Experience with overnights with youth ages 18 and under.
- Practices (weeknights) typically last 3 hours and games (weekends) last between 2-12 hours.
- Head Coaches and Assistant coaches can earn an hourly wage of $22-$30/hour. Some overnight trips may include a stipend.
DREAM provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees.