[2020-2021] Operations Coordinator
South Bronx- Elementary
DREAM Charter Schools
DREAM Charter School is a part of DREAM (formerly known as DREAM Charter School and Harlem RBI), an innovative educational and youth development organization serving over 2,500 East Harlem and South Bronx youth by providing free, high-quality summer and after-school programs to youth ages 5-22 years in an intensive multi-year commitment that connects youth and families to age-appropriate programs and passionate professional staff over time.
DREAM (formerly known as DREAM Charter School and Harlem RBI), an innovative educational and youth development organization, is seeking a dynamic and engaging professional to serve as a Founding School Operations Coordinator. DREAM’s South Bronx Elementary School is charged with preparing students for high-performing high schools, colleges and beyond through a rigorous academic program that develops critical thinkers who demonstrate a love of learning, strong character, and a commitment to wellness and active citizenship.
Like all DREAM employees, the Founding School Operations Coordinator should demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission and values of DREAM and should have substantial expertise in all areas of responsibility. As a member of a founding school, they should also demonstrate the drive and persistence required to lead a new school in its founding year. Come join an organization that was recently recognized as one of the “50 Best Non-Profits to Work For” by The Nonprofit Times.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- School Operations
- Serve as the first point of contact for the school, including managing the main office, greeting families and other visitors, answering phone calls, and supporting Principal’s calendar and meetings;
- Oversee late arrival as well as early and late pickup;
- Facilitate centralized systems, including distributing student MetroCards, mail and copier maintenance, and coordinating school food services for staff and scholars;
- Manage student records and family information, including registration, enrollment, and discharge, class rosters, special education and ELL data and any/all other student information in student database systems
- Founding School and School Culture Responsibilities
- Support with scholar needs throughout the day;
- Support with lunch and recess as needed;
- Willingness to take on roles outside of job description as asked of in a founding school;
- Support with planning and implementation of team-wide events, from professional development to team-building to org-wide occasions.
- Experience in a youth-friendly environment preferred, including direct service work with you as staff or in a volunteer capacity;
- Knowledge of and experience with school facilities and relevant technologies;
- Experience and comfort with Microsoft Excel and Student Information Services preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to operate with a do-what-it-takes flexible, composed, and energetic attitude;
- Ability to embrace the opportunities and challenges that come with founding a new school, including assuming the best, leading with a learning and solutions-oriented mindset, and demonstrated ability to persevere and think quickly;
- A desire to make a difference in the lives of our students, families, and community;
- Deep embodiment of DREAM’s organizational values of teamwork, diversity, integrity, and fun;
- Bilingual Spanish/English required.
- DREAM salary is highly competitive and commensurate with experience. All full-time employees receive an excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, a 403(b) retirement account, twenty days paid vacation per year and access to a full range of social services through our Employee Assistance Program.
All Kids Can. This Kid Can.
DREAM is Family.
Fun is a Serious Value.
Teamwork Makes the DREAM Work.
Fail. Persist. Exceed.
DREAM provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees.