Elementary Program Manager
East Harlem /
Network – Network /
DREAM (formerly known as DREAM Charter School and Harlem RBI), is an innovative educational and youth development organization, serving over 2,500 East Harlem and South Bronx youth by providing free, high-quality summer and after-school programs to youth ages 5-22 years in an intensive multi-year commitment that connects youth and families to age-appropriate programs and passionate professional staff over time.
DREAM is seeking a dynamic individual to serve as an Elementary Program Manager. The Elementary Program Manager will work with the Director of Elementary Programs to handle the day-to-day management and operations of the program, including the supervision of up to 50 part-time staff during the summer and up to 30 part-time staff during the academic year. We are looking for a youth development leader who has a desire to make a lasting impact in an underserved community while developing significant leadership skills.
Like all DREAM employees, the Elementary Program Manager should demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission and values of DREAM and should have substantial expertise in all areas of responsibility.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the face of DREAM’s REAL Kids elementary after school and summer programs at our East Harlem site for staff, students, families, and all internal and external partnerships;
- Supervise day-to-day operations of the program site to ensure youth participate in activities safely, on schedule, and with adequate supplies and services;
- Directly manage and support a site-based team including administration, operations, and instructional staff teams;
- Ensure that youth recruitment and retention goals are satisfied;
- Research, develop, and implement new programming to engage youth and further program goals;
- Establish a program culture that emphasizes respect, teamwork, and effort;
- Work with the Director of Elementary Programs and Talent team to recruit, hire, orient, and train all program staff for the site;
- Support the fundraising and grants process by hosting site visits and identifying volunteer opportunities;
- Manage the site budget and track all expenses;
- Ensure compliance with funding contracts and state/city regulations;
- Supervise and evaluate site-based program staff including youth workers, professional teachers, and other specialists;
- Perform additional administrative duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; advanced degree in an education field preferred;
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience working with and engaging youth, families, and teachers in an academic environment;
- At least 2 years previous supervisory experience, with demonstrated leadership skills, preferred;
- Proven record of success in program planning and project management;
- Ability to uphold, promote and model youth development principles;
- Proven ability to independently design and implement successful initiatives;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Outstanding organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple responsibilities;
- Knowledge of baseball/softball and team development preferred;
- Ability to read and write in Spanish and fluency in spoken Spanish preferred.
- Salary is highly competitive and commensurate with experience. All full-time employees receive an excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, a 403(B) retirement account, life insurance, twenty days paid vacation per year and access to a full range of social services through our Employee Assistance Program.
All Kids Can. This Kid Can.
DREAM is Family.
Fun is a Serious Value.
Teamwork Makes the DREAM Work.
Fail. Persist. Exceed.
DREAM provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees.