Product and Interaction Designers (Contractor)
UK Wide /
Contract Pool /
About the role
FutureGov is looking for experienced product designers to help us on our mission to design public services fit for the digital age. We believe citizens deserve access to user-centred products and services, delivered by digitally-enabled modern organisations. Our team is dedicated and passionate about public services designed around the people that use them.
Product designers create and prototype solutions that are accessible and simple enough for everyone to use. We are looking for product designers who are confident in designing detailed user interfaces, flows and interactions that work across different channels, devices, browsers and platforms. You should be a specialist in layout and typography and understand the importance and application of interaction and content design.
We are looking for people who can work closely with technology, understanding technical constraints and helping teams put together testable prototypes to learn about user needs for a given scenario, supporting the delivery of production-ready products into live environments. We typically work on fast-paced projects, acting as advocates for users throughout the design and delivery process.
We’re an inclusive employer, and we care about diversity in our teams. Let us know in your application if you have accessibility requirements during the interview. If you’d like to understand more about inclusion at FutureGov, contact Faith.
Product designers at FutureGov:
- are advocates on behalf of users, making sure that prototypes and products are designed to meet their needs and deliver the best possible user experience
- specialise in designing interfaces, flows and interactions for products
- work with different types of content and user-led interactions
- work on all high-level product flows as well as the fine detail of individual parts
- understand the technical side of design
- focus on making working software, not just artefacts describing software
- work closely with others to make sure that projects are delivered to the brief and on time and budget
Skills and Experience:
- have experience of visualising product ideas using sketches, wireframes, user flows, and high fidelity prototypes; translating research and insights into beautifully designed, accessible solutions
- be able to show how you apply relevant new technologies in the design and development of new products and to improve existing products
- have experience of supporting client meetings, and workshops, confidently showing and demonstrating work when required
- have experience of transferring skills and knowledge to others through pairing, share sessions or coaching and mentoring on projects
- be able to show how you have constructively supported others with feedback and creative and technical input
- have contributed to design patterns and standards, identifying common interactions and user flows
- be able to work at pace using agile methods in technical and complex environments
- be confident enough to speak and write about your work
Why work at FutureGov?
- the opportunity to achieve impact in the public sector through your work
- flexible working
- generous parental leave
- we’re collaborative; we will readily give our time to help your development
- we’re a great team; we regularly hang out together, whether that’s at team retreats, summer and Christmas parties or Friday team breakfasts
The closing date for this application is the 26th March 2021.