The Panoply - People Business Partner
UK Wide /
Sales & Operations /
Full Time / Permanent
About The Panoply
We are a digitally native technology services group with more than 700 employees in the UK and mainland Europe. Launched in 2018, the group has grown rapidly through acquisition and organic growth and is expected to deliver £47.5m revenue during FY 2021/22.
We’re at the forefront of a growing market, focused on sustainable digital transformation and positive, purposeful organisational change.
We believe an increasingly complex world needs a new business model to achieve high impact outcomes for clients and their employees and more value for stakeholders.
We combine the dynamism and agility of smaller, expert teams with the scale to confidently address our clients’ most pressing needs as they navigate the rapidly changing nature of society and business.
We’re a Living Wage Employer. We encourage applications from women, disabled, ethnic minority candidates and all underrepresented groups. Let us know in your application if you have accessibility requirements during the interview. If you’d like to understand more about this or anything relating to inclusion at FutureGov, contact Faith from the people team.
About the role
The People Business Partner will act as a trusted partner for the Strategy Group of Futuregov and to the MD and leadership team of Deeson. With the support of the People Director they will advise on all people related activities. They will play a pivotal role in making it a great place to work, with a strong focus on engagement, learning & development and culture and values.
This will involve providing professional, commercial and expert HR solutions with a strong focus on practical commercial employment law, and a consistent and effective deployment of HR services and policies. Working in partnership with the business leaders to develop a high performance culture and business growth.
There will also be the opportunity to undertake external client facing work and to develop this further as part of the shared service.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
In this role you will be:
- Responsible for the relationship between HR & the business units they align to with the support of the people director.
- The HR business partner representation at strategy group level within FG
- The Business Partner on HR for 'Deeson'
- Responsible for bringing evidence-based practice into the organisation and addressing the people challenges for their areas of expertise
- Supporting the business unit effectiveness by developing and implementing practical solutions aligned to strategy
- Taking an active role in ensuring the HR Operating Model is embedded successfully within FG
Whilst the priority focus of this role will be internal stakeholders and businesses. There is an opportunity to do external client based work. Something that we would like to build on as the People team shared service grows.
The people business partner will be accountable for:
- Supporting a happy and engaged workforce
- Legal / compliant on all people-related matters inc employment law and IR35
- Designing and delivering the workforce planning and operational support for the business units in line with the wider Panoply group objectives
- Understanding and anticipating the need for change, diagnosing the underlying issues and building the case for change with stakeholders.
- Building frameworks to plan and manage the continuous process of change
- Contribute to, and where accountable define policies and processes that support the business unit and group.
- Working with the recruitment team via workforce planning to drive consistency of approach in attracting, managing and developing talent to support current and future organisational needs.
- Working closely with all stakeholders to ensure that tools and policies are aligned, enhance employee engagement and ultimately improve performance.
- Using data and analytics to measure the effectiveness of tools and policies and understand the landscape for further improvement.
- Provide expert input across a range of HR issues
- Coaching and building the capability of practice leads within FG to anticipate and pre-empt organisational issues.
- Participate in relevant projects, leading and championing as appropriate at business level and also across the HR shared service.
- Keeping up to date with external trends and best practice in the areas of expertise and HR more broadly.
- Proactively share best practice, intelligence and potential activities within HR shared service.
The successful candidate will have:
- Level 7 CIPD - MCIPD
- A solid HR generalist background, with experience of recruitment and people management
- Have worked in a digital/technology organisation is preferred but not essential
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to build relationships with all levels of stakeholders.
- A creative and forward thinking approach to HR
- Experience of working in a matrixed environment is essential
Why work at The Panoply?
- the opportunity to achieve impact through your work
- flexible working to help you function at your best
- generous parental leave
- 25 days annual leave allowance excluding bank holidays
- we’re collaborative, and will readily give our time to help your development and invest in your training
- we’re a great team and regularly hang out together - whether that’s our Friday team breakfasts, summer retreats or interest groups to help everyone connect
- cycle to work scheme
- Share Incentive Plan (SIP): The SIP allows you to buy up to £1,800 of shares (‘partnership shares’) each year from your pre-tax salary. To reward your commitment, The Panoply will give you 1 free ‘Matching Share’ for every 1 Partnership Share you buy.
- Electric Vehicle Leasing Scheme: The OctopusEV scheme uses salary sacrifice and the favourable benefit in kind tax incentives from the government to make leasing an electric vehicle more affordable.
- everyone has a voice - inclusivity and respect are key to our culture
- we help you make time for the things that matter through generous holiday allowance, pension schemes and paid volunteer days
- free drinks and snacks in our studio
Salary: £55K - £60k
Closing date: 18th June 2021