Technical Consultant (Contractor)
UK Wide /
Contract Pool /
FutureGov is looking for an experienced Technical Consultant to help us on our mission to design public services fit for the digital age.
We believe citizens deserve access to user-centred products and services, delivered by modern, digitally-enabled organisations. We are looking for a Technical Consultant is a creative problem solver, with full-stack development knowledge and experience. This is part of a pan-european piece of work FutureGov are doing with one of our international partners, collaborating with various european cities.
The scope of this phase of work will include the technical and design build of a reimagined or newly designed service in each city. Teams have progressed through discovery and alpha phases over the course of 2020 and early 2021. We will be working from discovery and alpha findings, testing assumptions and designing for user needs i.e. with a clear understanding of user needs for each of the services in each of these cities. Cities will be moving through private beta-public-beta-live services from January-October 2021.
We’re an inclusive employer, and we care about diversity in our teams. Let us know in your application if you have accessibility requirements during the interview. If you’d like to understand more about inclusion at FutureGov, contact Faith.
As a Technical Consultant you:
- have a full-stack knowledge base ideally through your own development experience
- understand legacy or enterprise technologies and can advise on the technical options to achieve project goals, including integration optionsIs a creative problem solver.
- are able to introduce new ideas and technologies to help solve problems practically and quickly
- will assist tech teams both city-side and internally with FG to prioritise work and connect systems.
- are experienced in and can understand payment platforms and connecting to them (nice to have)
- are self organised, with strong consulting skills - easily able to translat business problems into technical solutions.
- can work with stakeholders in an advisory role to create & implement technical strategies.
- can research and assess technologies to make decisions on which libraries, frameworks, platforms or products to use to meet the requirements, and aid with decision making on where to build vs buy
- have wxperience of working with service and product design teamsleading technical delivery teams
- possess a good appreciation for the value of design in the software definition and delivery process
- can apply good technical design skills.
- can evidence and apply knowledge of domain-driven design, patterns such as microservices and event-driven architectures, functional or object-oriented design principles, and emergent or evolutionary architecture.
- have set up DevOps workflows and CI/CD A strong communicator.
- can articulate complex ideas in a clear, engaging way to inform and advise people across an organisation
- have the ability to bridge the gap between technical and non-technical stakeholders
The closing date for this role is Friday 7th March, and we need someone who can ideally start immediately, four days a week.