Service Designer (Contractor)
Contract Pool /
About the role
Service designers work through the entire design process; from user research to creating and testing new solutions using prototypes, and supporting the strategic direction and delivery of services at scale.
They identify opportunities to reduce costs while improving service outcomes; imagining what future services could look like and applying service-oriented thinking to organisation structures, processes and capabilities (including technology).
They design process improvements, defining new business processes; supporting those that manage the impact of organisational change.
They provide proactive challenge and support as part of design reviews; sharing specialist knowledge and contributing to the companies best working practices.
We’re an inclusive employer, and we care about diversity in our teams. Let us know in your application if you have accessibility requirements during the interview. If you’d like to understand more about inclusion at FutureGov, contact Faith.
- you'll be working with different types of content and user-led interactions across digital and non-digital channels
- focusing on making testable services and business propositions, not just artefacts
- demonstrate an understanding of the technical side of design well enough to have informed discussions with development teams and other stakeholders
- support new ways of working that reduce costs and deliver better services for users as well as transforming the organisations we work with
- work closely with others to make sure all project work is delivered on time and budget
Why work at FutureGov?
- the opportunity to achieve impact in the public sector through your work
- flexible working
- generous parental leave
- we’re collaborative, we'll readily give our time to help your development
- we’re a great team, we regularly hang out together, whether that’s at team retreats, summer and Christmas parties or Friday team breakfast
Closing date for this application is 31st March 2021.